preps

Thread: Cobra 19dx iv

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cobra 19dx iv

I would like to know how I can wire up my cobra 19dx iv to ac power or can I guy an adapter for it

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Essentially... something like this is what you need. A 13.8v power supply. For that radio....3 amps would be plenty.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19420509608...sAAOSwOT9gypxp

This is just an example. If you Google search for 13.8 V 3 A power supply you will be bombarded with possibilities. As with all things... the more you pay... the better the unit. But, again, for this radio.... basic is fine. Radio Shack turned out tons of these! One of the biggest "guess points" is the quality of the filtering. The better ones...(Pyramid,Astron, The better Realistic/Radio Shack ones) will likely have better filtering (that would mean.... less HUMMMMMM in the radio!). But really almost anything in this class will do.

In a twisted way... I would advise buying new if you can. There are those who would burn one up and sell it. NOt everyone would do that.....but that would be a safe way to go!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My suggestion would be to get one larger than you need to leave room for expansion in case you want to run a mobile amp later on. Like Bobcat said get a New one so you don't get burnt. I've got burnt before buying 2 used Uniden Washington radios. Here's a link to where I bought my Power Supply. https://www.copperelectronics.com/cart/

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    whiteastro brings up an excellent point. My thinking was just "if you wanted to keep it cheap... just to try out the hobby".

but many times your needs grow. Bigger radio.... amp..... who knows what!!!!???? If that might be your aim... then yes you would do better to get a supply with plenty of current in reserve for later growth.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobcat For This Useful Post:

whiteastro (07-14-2021)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    whiteastro brings up an excellent point. My thinking was just "if you wanted to keep it cheap... just to try out the hobby".

but many times your needs grow. Bigger radio.... amp..... who knows what!!!!???? If that might be your aim... then yes you would do better to get a supply with plenty of current in reserve for later growth.

I am laughing Bobcat because My intentions of getting back into radio was suppose to be on the cheap but like a cancer it grows. LOL I hate to think of all money I spent on upgrading. I envy the guy that can use the KISS theory when it comes to radio. LOL

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like most hobbies.... they wind up being a "bottomless hole into which you throw money"!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobcat For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (07-19-2021), whiteastro (07-16-2021)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Like most hobbies.... they wind up being a "bottomless hole into which you throw money"!

Now there's a guy who knows what he's talking about ! LOL But I am working on controlling myself.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None