preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobra 148F GTL Arriving today-Any1 Else Had One?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mistah Gravy in VOX mode allows me to key up the radio with my voice. The dynamic gain was change to be my sensitivity control/delay and the RX/TX light was taken out and a mini toggle installed. Flip it on, lock the microphone down, put on a pair of headphones. All set to go. Now the system is live. The second I speak the radio automatically keys up. Stop talking the radio automatically unkeys. Need to have the headphones on so the sound coming out of the radio would not key up the radio, lol! For this to all work properly the radio had to have actual relays like in a linear. The tech made the circuit himself. Leo was a legend in Rhode Island. My 2000 GTL was done up by him. All the upper channels wired to the CB/PA toggle switch. The word PA was craefully etched off and re-lettered HF. My brother and I was exposed to all the Avanti antennas in our teenage years. Got into the hobby during the "Great DX Cycle" and collected many QSL cards. Here is my last QSL card from Simon, 151 in Wales, UK.

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bulldog-Unit777 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    col qsl card.appears it's a Piasano living in Wales or one that belongs to an Italian radio group(from when you got it).
    now that you explain VOX i remember having that on my headset for my helmet that i used to have when i had 4wheelers(all 3helmets were wired).can't see why i'd forget the VOX definition since i used to ride so much and i spent a good deal of money on the headsets for my helmets(oh the days when i had extra money....before i had kids lol).

people don't do qsl cards anymore do they?it seems to only be something that i hear about rather than see happening anymore.i think it would be cool to still exchange them.it's an artful expression in some ways judging from some of the cards i've seen(yours included)and i'd like to get into doing that but doubt it happens anymore.

anyways,i looked up the Ranger SS-158EDX and the review of it and that is one fine radio.i found one on Copper.com for $229.00 and i am seriously considering buying one(of course i'll have to save up a little more $$).but there is a radio review that i want to first read that is on cbtricks.com once the admins approve my account(how long does it take,i signed up this afternoon!!!!).

anyways,thanks for the info BullDog.sounds like a cool way to have the radio set up.does anyone manufacture this device/mod anywhere?i think it would be cool to put on a single headphone and a mic while driving and chit chat on the cb using this method.definitely a cool way to talk on the radio!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mistah Gravy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those Cobra 148 GTL units were some tough and powerful units. Serviced many that burned the finals on a bad SWR match, otherwise a good set. Had one strange init that the user could not turn on himself, someone else had to push the button. Never figured that one out, made him a stick to push the button, worked for him.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mjd420nova For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That just sucks that your radio was DOA that you ordered. Was this the one you were so excited about on ebay?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bonginator For This Useful Post:

Visitors found this page by searching for

cobra 148f gtl

cobra 148 gtl dx for sale

cobra 148 gtl mods

cobra 148f gtl dx for sale

cobra 148f

cobra 148 lx

cobra 148f gtl dx

cobra 148 f gtlcobra 148gtl fcobra 148f modscobra 148 modscobra 148 variable power modcobra 148 gtl variable power mod148f gtlcobra 148 gtl dx brand new for salecobra 148fgtl148f channel mod148f gtl channel modcobra 148gtlf for salenew cobra 148 gtl modscobra 148f gtl cb radiomanual cobra 148f gtl dx cobra 148lxcobra 148 fcobra 148 gtl dx mods