preps

Thread: MS119 Super Scanner Antenna

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

MS119 Super Scanner Antenna

Ihave a few questions with a MS119 the SWR on 1/40 on the Omni setting is Flat ,, the SWR on either of the 3 dipols wont go below 2/3 ,, does anyone have any experiance with these antennas

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The switch box just connects extra pieces of coax to allow directional operation by choosing just one element. Often the boxes see some serious wattage and they will not last long that way, the coax melts and causes loops in the shield.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Heavy Hitter,, thanks for your reply. i have redone all the Coax leads that go to the Elements and the only thing that i havent taken apart IS the control box Do you think there may be problems with the Relays inside?? the antenna has been dissmantled an cleaned ,and reasembled,to spec. But on OMNI mode the swr is Perfect!! but when i try to check each element, #1 is a swr of 2. and #40 is a swr of 3. SHOULD the swr be as low as when in omni mode ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Relay contacts can become burned if too much power is used. Cleaning or burnishing the contacts may help for a while but will only get worse over time. Replacement might mean a total rebuild if the parts are unavailable. I don't think the units (antenna elements and control box) were meant to be used over 100 watts.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None