preps

Thread: Strange issue, need assistance

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Strange issue, need assistance

Hey there all, I have a Uniden PC76XL with a RM K-203-P, Stryker SRA-10 Antenna with 25" shaft to get above cab mounted to front passenger side bed hole, in a 2013 Chevy Diesel. The SWRs are running 1.3 to 1.4. The issue I am having is that the Radio and Amp work Awesome when the Truck is not running even with the key in the on position, but as soon as the engine starts, I lose all receive. I turn the amp off and I get the normal receive back on the radio alone. It does not seem to be affecting the output at all, just the receive.

I put a dummy load on the antenna side of the amp and tested it and it worked just fine. I put the antenna directly to the radio and no issues. But Antenna to the amp and boom, no receive.

Antenna is grounded to the truck and tested with a meter to confirm. Power to the amp and radio are direct to the battery with 8 ga wire.

Looking for any suggestions on what I might look at for the issue.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is usually a relay that switches the input from receive to xmit. The contacts can corrode and not make contact. Clean the contacts with a burnishing tool or replace the relay.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good morning All, I just purchased a Stryker 447HPC. Radio came with the tune up, I installed radio in my 2021 Freightliner. I’ve matched radio to antenna 1.3 to 1.4 from channels 1,20 & 40. Talk back and echo sounds good, mod and power mode is working. Problem is radio doesn’t transmit or receive and when u do hear someone it sounds like it’s usb/lsb or in between frequencies.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None