preps

Thread: New From Tamworth, Staffordshire, England

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Visit RVCB's Youtube Channel

New From Tamworth, Staffordshire, England

My name is John, I am from Staffordshire in the United Kingdom.Having been around AM/FM & SSB CB radio since 1980, then absent for over 35 years, in November 2021 having seen lots of Youtube videos, I thought it would be an idea to buy some CB radio equipment once again. Time will tell if I have wasted a whole load of my money.My base station operates a Yaesu FT-450D radio and a President Mckinley CB radio, coupled to a Gainmaster 5/8 wave vertical antenna.We are in process of choosing and then fitting our classic 1980's American RV with a mobile station set up for our travels around the UK in 2022.
    John

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RVCB View Post
    My name is John, I am from Staffordshire in the United Kingdom.Having been around AM/FM & SSB CB radio since 1980, then absent for over 35 years, in November 2021 having seen lots of Youtube videos, I thought it would be an idea to buy some CB radio equipment once again. Time will tell if I have wasted a whole load of my money.My base station operates a Yaesu FT-450D radio and a President Mckinley CB radio, coupled to a Gainmaster 5/8 wave vertical antenna.We are in process of choosing and then fitting our classic 1980's American RV with a mobile station set up for our travels around the UK in 2022.
    Can't go wrong with the McKinley...I've had one in my Toyota Tacoma for several years now and have no plans what so ever of replacing it.

Great receive, and very stable on ssb...I have mine paired with a 1x2 amp and seeing close to 400w...I have had no problems with it talking around town up to 30 miles, and if I get out away from the city, I can reach out even farther if the conditions are just right...Best bang for the buck I've had in years with a mobile set-up.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Visit RVCB's Youtube Channel
    Fantastic endorsement for the radio. We also have no plans to despatch the Mckinley, we love the radio.
    John

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    John, welcome aboard! This is one of those hobbies that, once you have been "bitten", it just won't let go. Things will probably never be the same as they were "back in the day"... but there is definitely a lot still going on. I hope that YOU make the most of it and have fun!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good Luck !

Visitors found this page by searching for

None