preps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny one last night............

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Getting off trak with the fun stories. Lol. Its most likely not you mobile- if it bleeding and turning lights on and off its working! Lol- thats how ya know! I personally like to ground radio to body, and amps directly to battery and usually will add a neg battery to frame. Then i make sure all moving body panels (hood, doors, hatches, etc) are bonded to one another. Works for me

noizybuilt.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to noisemaker For This Useful Post:

D-MAX 2112 (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Noisey how do you connect the moving panels together?.. meaning ground strap links them like a "daisy chain"? I did the hatch to the hatch body bracket in the honda.. same way with the hood. My amp ground goes direct to the chassis.
    Weird thing happens. I have a cig lighter 3 gang 12v socket for my gps and to charge an led light.. when i have the cig plug in and the gps disconnected. The cable seems to become an antenna and get saturated with RF... i cannot talk on the radio . a 'wicked " squeal from the radio and i blast over the am fm with it turned off!!. If i remove the gps power cable from the cig socket... everything goes to normal. Drove me a little crazy finding this.
    So i was thinking i might need more grounding. If the rf is around inside doesnt that mean less being radiated?.. is that effecting the transmit signal strenth from the antenna?

Thanks
    Keith 2112

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just connect stuff with copper braid and eyelts crimped or soldered. This way it travels with the movement. I dont trust those gamg boxes. They are made in china and are built cheaply. You can wind some ferrites around accessories to minimize stuff. I used to ground my amps to the chassis but more. I go right to the battery bank and add a chassis ground at that bonding point. Had better luck with rf that way. Also bond tail pipe to frame with 1" braid. Grind/sand everything to ensure good bond

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i just heard the same exact thing the other day about these touch lamps.i don't remember if it was on here or the other site i frequent but i was told that once i get my base up and running,that i better hope that none of my near-by neighbors have those touch lamps because they will cycle on and off with my keying and talking.that is a riot and i can't wait to see it happen at night time,if they do have them.

i'll totally mess with them and watch them through the window and when they put their hand near it i'll key up and turn it on....when they jump back i'll turn it off and keep doing it until they faint and drop to the floor.then when i see them i'll purposely go over and strike up a conversation and tell them how i've been seeing things in my house and think i am crazy,tell them i've seen a little kid run through my living room and out through my sliding glass door and right over to their house where they stand at their lamp in their living room(the touch lamp)and he sits there and plays with it.

that oughtta' really mess with them.ha ha lmao!!

Visitors found this page by searching for

when are the magnum radios coming in