preps

Thread: Mag mount ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mag mount ?

Hey people, new guy here. Just ordered a new Stryker SR447 HPC2 that will be going in my 4 Runner. Narrowed it down to 2 different mag mounts & was hoping for some input. This antenna will mainly be used for interstate/toll roads on AM band for road reports & speed cops. Which should I choose ?

Stryker SR A10 mag mount or

Sirio 5000 Performer with mag mount

Flip a coin or is one better than the other for my usage ?

Thank You !

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sirio...never had either one personally however, but know people who have had both, and have read lots of posts on different forums on the subject, and have never once seen a bad report on the Sirio antenna's....Plenty of negative posts on the Strykers and Wilsons, but you will never see a negative post on Sirios mobile antennas.

Lot's of guys have had good luck with the Stryker SR A10 antenna tho, and swear by them. but there's also allot of guys who swear "at" them too.

the 447 should be a good radio, I had one of the original Strykers when they first came out, the Stryker 440, and got all kinds of compliments on that radio...probably should have kept that one...oh well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

KillDevil (02-24-2022)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Sirio Performer 5000 mag mount antenna. I read very good reports and one of the big reasons I got it is because you can fold it down which I do at times horizontal to my pickup truck bed. Performance I feel is very good but nothing to compare it to as I just got back into SSB a few years ago. I am happy with it. When on my truck it stands at just under 13 feet so main road obstacles are not a problem ,when off road I fold it down till I get to may destination.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turboomni For This Useful Post:

375NewJersey (09-10-2023), JesseJamesDallas (02-07-2022)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank You for the replies fella's.

May I ask, Where did you buy the Sirio Performer 5000 Turboomni ? I am having a hard time finding them on line or anywhere.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought mine on ebay through 88radio [free shipping at the time awhile ago] but I see some other listings on ebay.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Again, I will check it out !

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My mistake i meant DNJradio. You can also get it through Walmart and maybe pickup at the store with free shipping I don't know but that is through DNJ too. Dnjradio.com
    Last edited by Turboomni; 02-07-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None