preps

Thread: Howdy from Fort Worth Texas

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Howdy from Fort Worth Texas

Greetings All -

I have been lurking on CB for years except when on the road when I stick to channel 19. Finally setting up a real antenna on going to get on the air. Going to monitor 27.385 LSB to start.

Hope to chat with you soon!

-jim

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Call me Newbie As well. Lets have a Stout and chat on SSB. Though I'm not privy to the greater point off SSB, honestly our meet would be my first. Why LSB? I am under the mistaken idea USB was the dominant persuasion.
    Just join up on this here forum myself today.

Been piddling with CB for quite a number of years and have as many opinions as Congress, most of which also wrong. But, you pass the bucks and Ill adopt your you point of view, WARNING I aint cheap.

Speaking of antennas...my favorite monopole is Imax 2000 that I finally got standing 2 days ago, on 20' mast. My first one was twisted like a pretzel by tree branches during post hurricane winds. 1.1:1 SWR, I am proud of. I push 1000W [Stryker 955>2Pill>8Pill] and it doesn't go > 1.3:1. Funny is, with 8Pill not online SWR goes to 1.5:1; go figure. I've also Sirio SD 27 Dipole on push-up 38' mast. < 1.5:1 SWR. Have 3 of 5 radios with SSB, as are Styker and 8Pill.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-09-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good to hear from you

Hey there Buckeye, I have parts coming for a new antenna. I have to avoid the HOA police and use a 7' Firestick on my van. Going to shift to a MFJ collapsible mast to get a little altitude when I am on the air. I monitor quit a bit using my shortwave rig.

I think LSB is the convention on 38 but what do I know!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Waving a hand from Appomattox VA... Peter Rabbit WR080 said that...

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By golly jstexas UB right...https://www.rightchannelradios.com/b...hannels...does specifically designate chnl 38 LSB.

Speaking of mobile antennas, I'm awaiting Stryker SRA-10 Warthog receipt. Currently use 5' Firestik II on 6" HD spring behind truck cab. Too fugly for my Classic '70 Chevy. Hoping I'm not disappointed with SRA-10 SWR performance. Nearly same height 74% v 68% of radiating element above cab. Firestik SWR 1.5:1. That is assuming the SRA-10 loading coil doesn't count as radiator; in which case both are 68% clear.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None