preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I NEED A Radio Tech RIGHT NOW PLEASE!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I NEED A Radio Tech RIGHT NOW PLEASE!!

O.K. i've mentioned it a few times on here,but i won an auction for a 148F on eBay and it got delivered today and it is DOA.i spoke to the seller(he is a reseller of goods not radios,he just came across this and took it in his inventory to resell)and i told him that the radio is DOA and at first i wanted a refund but thej thought about it and told him that i'd like to bring it to a techto see what's wrong with it if he'd pay for the repairs.he agreed to pay up to around fifty bucks,anythimg more than that and he'd just give me my money back so i told him i would send it in for a diagnosis because i really like this radio.

so do you guys know of a real good tech that could/would take the radio in right now and diagnose it?
    i'd really like to keep this radio.PLAEASE HELP!!!!Gravy626-New HampshaH

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mad electronics in delaware hes awsome and very fare !!!!!! he has great equiptment to work on to .

the guys name is Mike. 302-875302-875-5933

3. The Following User Says Thank You to High Voltage Mobile NJ For This Useful Post:

Mistah Gravy (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

Mistah Gravy (04-07-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    Hey mistah gravy i sent you a pm i need your address again to send you those decals
    Send it in a pm not here
    Thanks

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sorry Dough,i thought i sent the PM but i musta not hit "Send".i'll send it now.

thanks Volt and Booty.i ended up finding and contacting a tech in the Massachusetts area that i used to go to back in the 1990's(didn't know they were still around)and he told me that the radio i was contacting him about could possibly have major issues and my best bet would be to return it.

the guy i bought it from,not a CB seller,had turned it on and everything worked......then he keyed it up without an antenna.BOOM!!!! so when i got it,it was DOA nothing would turn on at all.i panicked and when i spoke to the seller originally,i was going to take it to a shop to have it diagnosed and the seller said he'd pay up to $50.00 to have it fixed.well,i'm sure ya know that fifty bucks might cover the diagnostic portion of the bill.

so i just opted to request a refund if i return the radio and that's what i am doing.i'll ship it back out Monday and when he gets it back he'll refund my money and i'll take that and just buy a different 148F(my favorite radio that i've wanted for a while now).thanks for the replies.i do need to have my two 148GTL's looked at and tuned.one of them won't tx so i have to have that one fixed.i want the 148F as a base as this is a radio that i have long fancied.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    does anyone know if MG's radio uses the reverse polarity protection diode ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    cool !!!!! bump bump

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ya know what pissed me off about this whole deal.... the fact that i goole searched every way i could,for a CB radio shop in New Hampshire and came up with nothing at all.i was told of a shop a little further up north but it didn't come up on the google search.
    i did eventually do a search for the same,in Massachusetts and came up with the shop i used to deal with back in the day.they don't necessarily do serious repairs to CB's because now-a-days they deal in other consumer electronics since CB's have pretty much died down over the last 10 to 15years or so.but they will accept the occasional tune and minor repair though so i'll keep them in mind for something minor but would prefer to use a real shop for repairs and tune/tighten-ups.so i'll keep the phone number and the link to dtb(who i have contact about a week ago regarding turn around time on repairs since i have two 148GTL's that will need work).so thanks again!!
    i just can't believe that there are only one or two shops between Mass and New Hampshire.pisses me off!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a truck accessories store in Bow N.H. called Berube's. They have a cb shop and do repairs, never had work done there so I can't vouch for their work.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bells cb in ft. Lauderdale. I live in canada and all my radios goto him. Its well worth the price. Utube bellscb and watch some of his work.

Visitors found this page by searching for

cb base radio protection diode good