preps

Thread: Hello from New England

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from New England

Hiya,

I’m kinda still in the stage of figuring out what I need to get setup. Goal is to have a system to talk to family and friends in case of emergencies and try to talk skip with some new people around the country

Any advice appreciated! The handhelds ive played with so far only seem to go a couple miles if I’m lucky

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the forum. Was looking for origin of Deim. Chuckled when I stumbled onto urban dictionary. I think highly of myself as well.

First is a GOOD antenna. You might think radio. The antenna could serve as a flag pole if all else fails. A radio is a door stop without a good receiver antenna; the longer the better. If you want skip from it, it can't be your car top 3' mag mount or most other 1/4 wavelength; there are few exceptions.

Im going to out on a willow branch and guess CB is your starting point?

All depends on your purse. Go big or phone home.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-13-2022 at 02:15 AM. Reason: diagram didn't stick, deleted relative rmrks
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow 26TM205 On Twitter
    Hello New England from OLD England, wavin a hand

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello again! Lol yes CB is my starting point getting into radio. The name Deim kinda has two meanings. I’ve used ‘Deimmortales’ (a Percy Jackson reference) for all my online gaming names for years. As no one else used it and people would recognize me and say hello from game to game.

Deim : shit head
    Deimmortales: depending on the language is either ‘of the gods, or the immortal’

Either way you think of it. Long or short, kinda the same thing. Cocky little prick sometimes.

Anyway

I think I’m going to replace the cobra mini Ive been playing with in my truck for these past months.

What do you guys think about the uniden bearcat 980 SSB radio? If I get a taller whip would it be possible to dx with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deim View Post
    Hello again! Lol yes CB is my starting point getting into radio. The name Deim kinda has two meanings. I’ve used ‘Deimmortales’ (a Percy Jackson reference) for all my online gaming names for years. As no one else used it and people would recognize me and say hello from game to game.

Deim : shit head
    Deimmortales: depending on the language is either ‘of the gods, or the immortal’

Either way you think of it. Long or short, kinda the same thing. Cocky little prick sometimes.

Anyway

I think IÂ’m going to replace the cobra mini Ive been playing with in my truck for these past months.

What do you guys think about the uniden bearcat 980 SSB radio? If I get a taller whip would it be possible to dx with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hello from Cntrl Alabama.

The root of "imortal" is "shit head", funny the etymology of words that is. I saw Diem and the first I thought of was Deist. I take to that road.

Not personally familiar with a Bearcat 980 but I've heard it spoken often of on that other site. As to a taller whip, anything that gets you closer to a 1/2 wavelength height is going to help. That'll be a bit of an inconveniece for a mobile; and detract from the streamline appearance of your Bentley.
    I hear many folks find a remote high point location and set up their A99 and do quite well DX. I expect that being in their pickem-up trucks but who's to say an A99 can't be strapped to the top of your Aston Martin. for the drive to their favorite local high point and then mounted up. Warning, a 9' Antron A99 could be too long for a Mini.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 12-05-2022 at 03:45 PM.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None