preps

Thread: Resting On Your Laurels

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Resting On Your Laurels

The topic was the Astatic D-104 Microphone and the differences over the years while it remained the D-104. My mind went to the Cobra 29. When is the Cobra 29 "Classic" no longer a Cobra 29. That, in my opinion, came with these more recent changes with the Cobra 29LX. Nowhere is the spiel of how glorious it operates does it refer to the rock solid foundation/build that made the Cobra 29 what it is; and, the LX ain't a 29. From my point of view there is absolutely no likeness between these two Cobra 29 radios, aside from dimensions. Don't defame the laurels of the Cobra 29 Classic by riding on its fame which is not that of the new Cobra LX. Call the new radio Cobra 666, Cobra Shite, Cobra Osama bin Biden, anything but Cobra 29.

You're yaking with Joe Smoe who says he has a Cobra 29. You pat him on the back for his choices. Turns out he's got a Cobra Inbred or is it Mock29.

Stryker made one modification to the 655HP and it became the 955HP. Add SSB, change Model number, simple as that. At first glance Ranger RCI 2950 and 2970N4 look very similar, LED screen the same, and function keys work alike. But a very significant changes was made; they added a 400W watt amp to the 2950. Why not call it the 2950N4? Ranger rightly anointed it a distinguishing new model number, 2970N4.

The Cobra 29LX is no more a Cobra 29 as the Astatic D-104 M6B is no longer D-104 of 21 years ago. Seems to me that was about the time integrity took a nose dive and after Reagan left office.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-12-2022 at 02:18 PM. Reason: + no, Cobra Inbred
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly? Don't rest on your laurels! I wordsmithed a touch for your enjoyment. Perhaps "integrity" was misleading. It's a long ago universal belief in honesty and forthrightness.

Allow me to expound upon that: It was V.P. Bush who long ago advised us of the "New World Order". Perhaps the first official proclamation that our lives would take a turn. From a Nation of Prosperity and Happiness to a nation of servants and world policemen. When the number corporate mergers snowballed and billionaires became increasingly commonplace, nearly 600% greater number in last 20 years. And today's National debt has risen to >130% of GDP. Is there any integrity in the dollar anymore.
    Wait a moment and the Fed will turn those dollars into 0s and 1s. Happy days again We're going digital.

Will there be integrity in those digital dollars? First EMP, poof and you got nothing; zero, zip, nada.
    Oh joy! At the next HAMfest swap meet you'll be trading beans and rice for that Cobra Faux29. Something of real value for something of equal value; because its none of the goobermint's business how you spend your property.

Oh, and if you really look deeply you'll see it in it's original form: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Property.
    After-all what is happiness but a billion dollar bank account.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-12-2022 at 03:39 PM. Reason: forthrightness

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm Australian, and about the only effects on us is the price of petrol and having to go to war for you. Don't get me wrong, I know the presidents you're talking about, and a little on your political system. Hell, I even have a connection to Reagan by six degrees of separation. My grandmother's cousin was the leading actress in one of his films. Go figure huh, a little Melbourne girl mixing it with Errol Flynn in the Hollywood hay day.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't base your understanding on what it's thought to be. Think more towards oligarchy or totalitarian learning to tyranny.

I'm pretty sure the embargo on Russian crude, 8% US imports, is the impetus for the current gas prices. Or, so the fake news media would have you believe. Nothing is better for corporate profits than war and rumors of war.

Reagandidn't have emoji for #1.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-17-2022 at 07:43 AM. Reason: +emoji

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't call me lassie.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None