preps

Thread: Mobile radio suggestions

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mobile radio suggestions

I’ve been away from cb for quite a few years now. I’m going to install a radio in my car this spring. I have a 2016 Honda CRV and like most cars these days , there is next to nothing as far as room for a cb. I have been looking for a small radio and so far it looks like the Radioddity CB27 might be the one. I have a few questions if anyone could answer.
    Is the Radioddity CB27 a decent radio ?
    Is there a better option in a mini radio ?
    Does anyone have a radio in a CRV , any installation ideas ?
    Any help is appreciated , thanks.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't speak to Radio oddity products.
    This one is also a new one on me: "President" brand is more familiar name https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh31XKMzlKE Video worth watching. I was unaware of such small CBs as the President Bill. Surface mount technology reliable and shock proof. I imagine there is an external speak jack. Integral speaker could be as small as ear bud You might note there are 38 sellers listed on AMZ all with free ship, bellscb may be one. They sell a small external speaker. President Bill at first blush appears to have quite a few features of interest. Specially the Emerg chnl select: programmable to your own top two choices. Flavors (face colors) also selectable; no Rocky Roads or Pistachio. And the comedy channel select, aka NOAA Weather Radio.
    No idea what you're interests are as to capability. Wouldn't expect more than 2 mile radius without well matched antenna. Lo Lo SWR. Too much reflected power and you're likely to smell toasted transistor.
    Check utube for the Radio oddity Commander.

As to antenna: K30 Magnetic mount or other mag mtn antenna.

Before I talk you out of it, the Prez Bill has unique mounting capabilities. Disconnect coax, power, and slip the radio out of mount and into your man bag. Something worth reconsidering?
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-19-2022 at 06:46 PM. Reason: add antenna; ear bud; Cat 5; mounting
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I second the President radios, have a Ronald myself and it can do 50whiskies PEP...good lil talker

Check out Anytone as well...it can be converted to 11 meter via menu options

AnyTone AT-500M 10 Meter (28-29.7MHz) Ham Radio for Truck, 12/24V Amateur Mobile Transceiver, Two Way Radios with AM/FM/PA Mode, Emergency Channels, High Power Output AM 7W, FM 15W https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B096M5XR...KQ8N2QADXSNPAH

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GobblerK5; 03-19-2022 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My President McKinley in my 2001 Tacoma...installed in 2016 and no issues so far...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama Buckeye View Post
    Can't speak to Radio oddity products.
    This one is also a new one on me: "President" brand is more familiar name https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh31XKMzlKE Video worth watching. I was unaware of such small CBs as the President Bill. Surface mount technology reliable and shock proof. I imagine there is an external speak jack. Integral speaker could be as small as ear bud You might note there are 38 sellers listed on AMZ all with free ship, bellscb may be one. They sell a small external speaker. President Bill at first blush appears to have quite a few features of interest. Specially the Emerg chnl select: programmable to your own top two choices. Flavors (face colors) also selectable; no Rocky Roads or Pistachio. And the comedy channel select, aka NOAA Weather Radio.
    No idea what you're interests are as to capability. Wouldn't expect more than 2 mile radius without well matched antenna. Lo Lo SWR. Too much reflected power and you're likely to smell toasted transistor.
    Check utube for the Radio oddity Commander.

As to antenna: K30 Magnetic mount or other mag mtn antenna.

Before I talk you out of it, the Prez Bill has unique mounting capabilities. Disconnect coax, power, and slip the radio out of mount and into your man bag. Something worth reconsidering?
    Great video , I just got done watching it. Thanks. Seeing the size of the radio compared to his hand and the tools etc I can see the true size. This radio has jumped to the top of a short list. Thank you !

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a feeling, us redneck sutherners have feelings too, the name RadioOddity is an odd one. Makes me think of a 2nd hand reseller. Like a HAMfest. I think they front for Baofeng as well; not that I've anything against Baofeng...have 5 of their HTs. Could be they sell burlap lingerie as well.
    Looking again at the CB27 I don't see RadioOdditiy name brand on it anywhere; nor, CB27 either. Such is not the case with Prez Bill FCC. President radio stands behind it well enough to put there signature on it. And Baofeng brands their stuff as well; though, US based BTech is said (fact unknown) to remake them better.
    That's my opinion, you're welcome to it.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-20-2022 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Btech
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None