preps

Thread: miliWatt to 10.65 dBi Gain

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

miliWatt to 10.65 dBi Gain

A bit of technical help in understanding 10.65 dBi Gain. As I understand it a 10 dBi gain coincidentally is a 10 times greater power in the direction of the director; provided https://antennatestlab.com/antenna-e...gain-dbi-scale, is correct. That is not 10 times the initial 10W power emanated but 10.65 dBi more than that portion of the 10W which would be received under isotropic radiated power. And perhaps as measured in mili-watts in the sphere? Am I correct in this thinking. Thanks.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 05-18-2022 at 12:25 PM. Reason: 10 dBi = 10X source
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    10.65 dBi gain means what? Proposed scenario: At my location I'm receiving a signal measuring 1 miliwatt, presuming I have the means to measure, then that signal strength is 10.65 times greater with a 10.65 dBi gain antenna, or 10.65 miliwatts,or 0.01065W? Correct?
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 05-18-2022 at 01:08 PM. Reason: add 0.01065

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No Contact. Sitting back reading the mail...
    Looking further into the matter, inasmuch as no one is on the channel I find I'm on the wrong end of mind thought. It's not my receive that is enhanced by the 10.65 dBi gain; but, rather it is the receiver at the other end of my outgoing blather, imagine that! My signal is 10X stronger and a smidgen more So don't stand in front of my antenna, you might get Bar-B-Qued.

While I'm muddling around reading that 10dBi is 10 times stronger I find a mere 3dBi higher, 13dBi, is 20X stronger
    Damn ignorance! I cudda wudda maybe shudda went with the Sirio SY-4; instead, I'm stuck with manageability of the SY-3 and it's considerations. Oh well, I've been more than happy with a 5/8λ isotropic antenna for many years. I'll be please as punch with 10.65dBi gain. Sitting here talking to myself
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 05-22-2022 at 01:09 PM. Reason: speeling

Visitors found this page by searching for

None