preps

Thread: Info on my TX-400 "The Original" by Palomar Amp

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Info on my TX-400 "The Original" by Palomar Amp

Hello all! I have hit a dead end in my search for information and value of my TX400 amp. From what I can gather this amp is pretty rare or at least rarely spoken about online. I do have someone looking to purchase this amp from me, and in order to make both parties feel a warm and fuzzy I need a fair value price range. The amp is in near brand-new condition as it was only used for a backup emergency system for about a year. Some guidance on this matter would be highly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Palomar amps remind me of DaveMade Amps in that only that the names are familiar. I do believe DaveMade 3 Pill boxes all have one driving two. Cosmetically they look very similar. My experience with researching Palomar has told me there's little likelihood of similarity from one to the next. This is yet another new one on me. Actual 4 Pills; by golly this might actually be 4X2290? Nah, cant be? I didn't know there was such a thing. Granted I know the end of my nose but that as far as it goes. Palomar 250: 2x ERF-7530 FET or 2x SRF3749 or 1x ERF7530 x 2X ERF7530 FET; Palomar 450HD 4 x ERF-7530FET transistors.

I feel the value can be no more than the same item in a yard sale, or not worth the time dragging the tables out. Only thing I can say is mine look brand new inside and out and work. I think the 250LD is 40 years old, and it and 450HD are for sale ; make an offer. I got the 450HD at a HAMfest (yard sale) cheap, not too many years ago.

Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-11-2022 at 12:05 PM. Reason: extinguish Bold Text

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will say it is impressively clean, inside. A measure of solder rosin flux overheat evidence may have been in the building. Face of it could do with a bit more dusting. Have you used it or is it a find? It might very well exceed 400W PEP.
    Last edited by Alabama Buckeye; 03-21-2022 at 01:24 AM.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None