preps

Thread: Poohbear/2009 from. Oklahoma

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Poohbear/2009 from. Oklahoma

Hello everyone!

New here, not new to the hobby. Been into radios since the mid 70's and been hooked ever since. Graduated highschool in 81, joined the service and still had a radio in my car. While stationed in Denver I acquired a 67 GTO, don't remember what radio was in it but there was. Then from there went to Tucson, still had a radio of some sort, got out in 85, came back to Oklahoma, did some factory work for a few years then jumped into a truck. And of course I had a radio in the truck. Wasn't till the 90's sometime till I got a base hooked up, had that till early 2000's when I moved back to my hometown. Moved a couple of more times and now living 60 miles from my hometown, I finally got another base setup.

Ive got a cobra 2000, a president Madison, a couple of Realistic base radios and an old Royce radio. At the moment my Cobra is in the shop, the Madison don't work, the Realistics work, a bit off freq on SSB. So I use my HR 2510 for my base at the moment and it works awesome. Got it running thru an old Palomar Skipper 300, great lil tube box. Does great on SSB but on AM I use my TRC 457, my box likes it better for AM work.

MY mobiles, Ive got a Stryker 955 in the truck, in the burban Ive got an anytone 5555 Plus, running it thru a Messenger 250. With the power turned down on the radio it does good.

Ive also got a few other radios in my stack, one of my fave's is my Ranger AR 3500 100W, amazing radio!! Don't run it in the mobile anymore, just don't wanna beat it up. Also have an almost mint Royce 639, its also in the shop getting a fresh alignment.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. Hope to catch ya on the air sometime......
    73's and God bless
    Poohbear
    2WR/RG/SOA/WWS/LA 2009

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome. I am new also.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Kind of quiet in the forums here, but don't let that stop anyone.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome PB63!!!! At the moment I am just sandbagging on Ch 6 with an old JC Penney Pinto AM and a small mag mount outside stuck onto the BBQ smoker!!!! Ain't NO WAY TO GO but UP from here!!!!!

Visitors found this page by searching for

None