preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid PS--26KX Power Supply

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pyramid PS--26KX Power Supply

I am using a Pyramid PS-26KX to run my mobiles with the RFX-75's and 2290 mod. Order one through Copper Electronics and arrived damaged. UPS picked it up on a damage claim and the second one arrived in perfect shape. Has some nice features and have had good luck with it. The fan is fairly quiet. With variable voltage it is good not to rely totally on an analog meter. Get a digital volt meter for final voltage setting. Here are some good close ups, Bulldog.

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are a few more pictures! I take great pride and taking the best and clearest pictures, Bulldog.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey BD , is this the one you got a while back and had problems with , or a new one ? either way thanks for the thread on it . if you ever get a chance to compare the 26 to a jetstream 28 be sure to let us know your results and opinions .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first one that came in from Copper Electronics arrived damaged!

Now on my Pyramid PS-12KX I bought from Sparkys CB Shack the power switch went after a week. Al pulled some teeth to get some OEM power switches for me and other folks. He gave me one under warranty, another one for free and I bought two. You figure almost with any power supply the on/off switch will wear out in time. By sticking with Pyramid I now have spare power switches so I won't be down for long. Same switches throughout the models!

My guard cat, "Scamper", lol!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was just thinking,after looking at the first pics in this thread,that you do take very clear pictures.you must have a wicked nice camera.
    i too thank you for this thread.i am not in the market necessarily right now for a power supply buy i do know that if i want to buy a real amp,that i will need a real power supply.right now i have a Magnum2000 pushing 260peak and it has a real low power draw from what a tech told me.and would be a great driving amp to run a real comp.style amp.
    so i don't need a real power supply right now but it is threads like this one that will stick in my memory for when the time comes that i will be in the market,that help me decide.

i have been looking around at power supplies and have seen a lot on the pyramids.back in the day when they entered the electronics market they used to build cheesey over rated car power amplifiers that had a thd rate higher than sparkomatic power boosters(lol)and they were absolute pieces of shit.you would find these amps being sold at huge venues to people that knew very little about car amps and you could spot them walking out to their car with a glowing smile on their faces believing that they had just paid $200 for a 1,000watt car stereo amp when a real car amp of that size was at least $1,200
    but now a days they are doing a nice job with these power supplies.back in the day i wouldn't buy a speaker wire from them.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For the past 5 years , I have been using switching power supplies, much lighter, than Astron, pyrimid, etc supplies and much cheaper. I usualy buy them from ebay http://motors.shop.ebay.com/RV-Trail...nverter&_dct=1
    My favorite size and brand is http://www.ebay.com/itm/Progressive-...sories&vxp=mtr
    These 80 amp supplies run my Texas star DX1600 fine and I stack 4 in parallel to run my 16 transistor Messenger 2K , that gives me 320 amps to run it . You can usually find 55 amp power suppies for about $100 and they will run a 4 transistor amp or my RCI 2970N2 radios fine..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Missouri 69 For This Useful Post:

Mistah Gravy (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pyramid are not bad but have to keep far or not close to radio because they put alot of rf out. I didn't realize till i bought a digital rf meter and put next to power supply and went thru the roof. But if can keep power supply far enough hopefully radio or other componets won't pick up the rf which can be a nightmare to deal with ! I heard the gold series 80 amp pyramid power supply has like no rf coming out. One reason i like the astron power supplies but can be costly but like no rf and can put right next to radio without interferance.

Ps - always good to get a hand held rf meter to check these things
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NY714 For This Useful Post:

Bulldog-Unit777 (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good pics bulldog .i had a 36 amp pyramid just like your 26 ,it bit the dust around december after 14 years of
    use . just got a new 75 amp by jetstreme last month so far its been good
    base-AR3500 ,palamar 250,d104 w/ 10da head ,sirio 2016,ll400 coax
    mobile-s.s. 3900, sirio z180 , astatic 636S.E

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hotrod For This Useful Post:

Bulldog-Unit777 (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my ps26kx recently blew the 6a fuse in the back. replaced it with a 10a. big mistake sparks and smoke from one of the pcbs .do yall think it would be worth fixing or should I save the xformer and chunk the rest
    QUACKA QUACKA FOR A MUD DUCK CHECK QUACK QUACK

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chunk it and get a megawatt 400 36 amp supply for 65 dollars. They work fine and are voltage adjustable. Know quite a few using them and have had no issues. DNJ radio or eBay has them. JMO.

Visitors found this page by searching for

pyramid ps26kx review

pyramid power supply schematic

ps-26kx

ps26kx power supply

behringer xenyx 1002fx circuit schematic

pyramid ps26kx power supply schematic

pyramid power supply schematics

ns1.nubbyswasteland.com 286-Pyramid-PS-26KX-Power-Supply

supply volt digital