preps

Thread: Tram Aluminum Coil Antennas

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Tram Aluminum Coil Antennas

Here are many views of this cheaply made Tram Aluminum Coil Antenna. Some shops call them Stalker others Big Cat. I find this funny because usually there is only one name for one antenna, lol! Basically the antenna is glued because the joints are weak to begin with and the plastic insulator is hollow. Antennas like this will degrade in performance will exposure to the elements and rf heat. This antenna has no real warranty! The Predator 10-K is designed with better joints and no glue! Tram sucks, Bulldog.

Upper shaft glue exposed.

Lower shaft glue and corrosion exposed.

Glued joint & hollow pvc type insulator!

Glued joints.

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah i was lookin at these things at the local hambone shop. Have to agree with you. Absolute junk. Cheep construction and crappy components. Although its nice and light, it wouldnt last a week on my roof!

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    a predator copy cat rip off . tram works good but will not last for shit. plain garbage. lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Bulldog's Cold Weather Test!

Quote Originally Posted by High Voltage Mobile NJ View Post
    a predator copy cat rip off . tram works good but will not last for shit. plain garbage. lol
    I agree and folks on a budget this maybe a choice need to get on the air. So I was asked to try one out. All and it performed close to the Predator 10-K. Since I do not own the right meters for an in depth test for the differences the data could not be proven. But as a customer and hobbiest I clearly saw a difference on cold early morning. The pictures are labeled and this is a non-scientific test. Now if you had 10-K and your friend had a Tram, your friend seeing his all frosty, what would he think?

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That frosty tram would probably snap the good tree limb is saw! Lol

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The first tree limb that is. Cant type worth a damn on this iphone. Hehehe

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that truly is grossly lacking any real quality in manufacturing.was that made by a blacksmith back in the wesetern days?that thing looks like it would break the minute you hit one of those parking lot speed bumps in a mall parking lot.
    it's good to have people around that have the knowledge and background and experience enough to share this kind of info with the rest of the board.although i probably wouldn't have anything to do with this produce because i believe it isn't an 11meter item,but it's good to know in case eventually i expand my airwave operations into other frequencies and bands.thanks for the share!!

Visitors found this page by searching for

tram cb antenna review

tram big cat antenna

coil antenna

homemade open coil cb antenna

antenna coil

tram cb antennas

stargun antennabig coil antennaTRAM Antenna homemade open coil cbhttp:www.cbjunkies.comthreads296-Tram-Aluminum-Coil-Antennastram big cattram bigcat antennasbig coil antennas exposedtram antennas homepagealuminum coilaluminum coil cb antennatram - bigcat antennatram bigcat reviewtram bigcatsopen coil antennatram big cat antenna reviewsTRAM open coil antennatram CB antennastargun antennas