preps

Thread: Texas Ranger SRA-158 Microphone

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Texas Ranger SRA-158 Microphone

The Texas Ranger SRA-158 stock microphone is included with some Ranger radios. It is small in size and feels comfortable in the palm of your hand. The cord is light and flexable. One unique feature is on the back with the metal plate and bearings for easy in hanging up the microphone. Some folks love this microphone! Depending on the radio, how it was tuned and your voice it may be the choice you have been looking for. This microphone did not do well on my Cobra and Galaxy radios with my voice. That does not mean it is a bad microphone but just not a match, Bulldog.

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    its a pretty good fighting mic for keydowns .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog-Unit777 View Post
    The Texas Ranger SRA-158 stock microphone is included with some Ranger radios. It is small in size and feels comfortable in the palm of your hand. The cord is light and flexable. One unique feature is on the back with the metal plate and bearings for easy in hanging up the microphone. Some folks love this microphone! Depending on the radio, how it was tuned and your voice it may be the choice you have been looking for. This microphone did not do well on my Cobra and Galaxy radios with my voice. That does not mean it is a bad microphone but just not a match, Bulldog.

if i find a nice looking or feel good mike. but doesn't sound good i open her up to see if i can fit the mike cartridge from another mike i'm using fits well it just made my day. i bought one of those mikes but i felt the audio to be a tad low compare to the stock coffin cobra mike.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one of those mics and it doesn't sound good on any of my radios. I was told I sounded like I was holding my nose, and my buddy put his same mic that came with his RCI 2995 and he sounded just like he said I sounded. I had never considered changing the element, but those old coffin style mics did have a good sound to them. I even have a stock Royce mic that sounds great on all my radios I tryed it out on.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would say a step up from the lightweight stock that comes with some. But if you REALLY want to moulate use a shure 526t with red volume knob or thr astatic 575m6 !!!!
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Visitors found this page by searching for

sra-158 microphone

texas ranger cb mic

ranger sra-158 microphone

sra-158

sra 158 by ranger

ranger sra-158

texas ranger sra-158 microphone

texas ranger mic

ranger sra 158

texas ranger sra 158 microphone

texas ranger sra-158

texas rangers sra-158texas ranger microphonerci sra 158 micmic schematics for texas rangersra-158 pin outsra 158 reviewSRA 158 microphonesra-158-411 general cb micmicro ranger SRA158ranger cb micsra 198mic wiring code for shure 526treview for texas ranger microphoneyou tube compare sra 198 microphone vs rk 56ranger mic sra 158 microphone