preps

Thread: Mobile Antenna Storage

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mobile Antenna Storage

I have come up with a few ways in protecting my antennas when in storage. Its important to protect the threaded stud on all antennas. Various vinyl caps and rubber chair leg caps can be purchased at your local hardware store. Got a coil antenna and need to take it off because your vehicle is being serviced on. Modifiy a pair of single serving Pringles cups. Cut a slit on the sides and insert a strip of velcro. Now the antenna does not roll around on a flat surface, Bulldog.

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are the Pringle cups used as antenna crandle stands. Sometimes I use them when a few antennas are put in the bed of the truck for when field testing is done, Bulldog.

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just a suggestion-if those are Prignles cups,in order to keep their form and to keep them good for a long time you could pour some sort of plaster of paris or other like product in them so it would take the form of the cup and keep them formed.
    any thoughts on that idea?i thought of it as the picture loaded up and i said"well what about crunching them when you store them or just handle them"and the plaster or like product came to mind.
    pretty cool use for them BD.i am a person that doesn't like to waste a single thing, i recycle every possible element that our town transfer station will take and even at home i will reuse everything as much as i can.i just wish i could get the rest of the house on board with me.

i go through our trash to pull out plastic,metal,and cardboard and anything else i can recycle.i love dual purpose items like this and it's innovative and shows the mind at work!!

Visitors found this page by searching for