preps

Thread: Astatic Road Devil RD104E Amplified Noise Canceling Microphone

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Astatic Road Devil RD104E Amplified Noise Canceling Microphone

Here is the Astatic Road Devil RD104E amplified noise canceling microphone. You do not find many amplified noise canceling microphones on the market. It has a pretty unique red color covers. In the past they came in black but for some reason it was discontinued. I have own a few Road Devil microphones in my set ups. Just seem to have that right tone and output gain balance for my radios. The tear drop design makes it comfortable to operate. The coiled cord is flexable and light. The gain control does not slide super easy so it will stay put once adjusted. Its little control tab may feel uncomfortable so trimming it down may be the solution. The Road Devil performed well on my equipment and yet better on SSB! Its one my favorites pick, Bulldog.

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IMO the Road Devil Mic is a P.O.S.....It's made with cheap thin plastic so if your moving the Mic around in your hand when talking, the people on the other end hear a crunching sound like you just stuck a hand full of Captain Crunch in your mouth...The PTT button also makes noise, just not all that smooth feeling...

Best Bang for the Buck on Noise cancelling Power Mic's is the RF Limited Extreme 2018...Hands down.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you got a bad microphone maybe made during a poor time period. Here is my gate when testing my the Astatic Road Devil against a ProComm. Granted the Road Devil is in a 636L-SE housing but my results provided loud and clear audio with Galaxy DX 959. This is the microphone I have been using during all those times we made the contact on 28! I also use on the Cobra 2000 GTL see in my signature. Below is a picture of one of my set ups in the 90's with the black version Road Devil.

Last edited by Bulldog-Unit777; 04-13-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Visitors found this page by searching for

rd104e road devil

ASTATIC RD104E

astatic road devil rd104e review

road devil mic

astatic road devil

astatic black road devil microphones

road devil microphone

astatic road devil black

astatic road devil schematic

road devil mic reviews

cobra 2000 gtl

astatic road devil mic

red devil microphone

road devil astatic

astatic rd104

astatic rd104e schematic

astatic red devil microphoneastatic rd104e reviewscobra 2000ASTATIC ROAD DEVIL AMPLIFIED NOISE CANCELING POWER MICROPHONEastatic red devil mic switchhomemade hifi ssb microphoneastatic road devil reviewsAstatic red devil reviewastatic rd104e road devil review