preps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two Hot or Bounceback? What would you do and why?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Two Hot or Bounceback? What would you do and why?

I started this post on another forum a couple years ago and it became the most popular and informative post on the entire board. There were so many opinions from the most knowledgeable people in the hobby. So, I will start it again on CBJUNKIES...
    2 hot or bounceback? what would you do and why?

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well i love talking on the move all the time so i will say i like dual hotts , i love the gain and strong signal you get with them . its ok if ya facing north south east or west , your gonna kick ass without pulling over and pointing to another station to beam lock with someone . lol

bounce back system can be way to tight , depends on ya antenna's or antenna system , mounts , grounding etc . after about 10 miles in back of someone that has a bouce back system you dont here them that well they go from 30 dbs to about 2 dbs or even less to zero sometimes .

just a choice you really have to make, its all up to the cber operator , lol lol

if you have 2 magnet mounts you can do tests for ya spacing choices from 5 to 7.2 feet spacings before on deciding when you drill ya holes . not every antenna are going to be spaced that wide for a good tuning .
    if you are going to go 7 foot 2 inches spacing you will need taller antenna's preferly 55 or a longer stinger antenna . i remember i did a truck with 2 black alcapones and they needed to be another 4 inches higher to make them a 1.0 . so ya got to ask the old school cb operators what they prefer and make ya choice of antenna 's and have fun putting the maul down . in the end its all fun bullshit anyway . alot of hard work and trial and error , dammit , lol lol

Last edited by High Voltage Mobile NJ; 12-05-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now I wouldnt mind going 2 hot, but for some odd reason, My back door on the bounceback is "opened". I am talking out the front and according to the FS Meter, im seeing just about 4db foward, but if im headed down 46 west in fairfield (for example- i know you out of stater's dont have a clue where this is), i can hear the ch11 crew in Newark as plain as day, but they aint gonna hear me. I didnt use any caps or anything other than grounding braid on the rear stick. I did however mount a stick on the rear with 3/4" wrap, and a 1/2" wrap on the front (spaced at 86) - that is the only difference. I am also super wide-banded. 1.0 @ 26.9xx up to 27.6xx and 1.1 up to 28.700.

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nice Noismaker that is widebanded !!! that is awsome . its nice to talk on other channels beside channel 6 and 11 . you dont have to worry about ya swr's going higher on one side of the band with your tuning , thats a perfect tune noisemaker.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah- i dont think i can get it any better but certainly wasnt expecting that. i still like the idea of 2 hot, but not the fact i have to pull the headliner again to do it! hahaha

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dual hots

Im going to go with Dual hots on the "dinosaur burban project"... for myself i think i might get a little frustrated with the high degree of directitvity. I will be happier with the duals.
    Ive been talking skip on 28 from my flim flam honda and Nasty boy.. tells the person im talking to ..to say hello to me.. i couldnt here him and we were maybe 25-30mi away..im betting it was his directivity choppin my lips off without hearing him.
    Im new to this so i cant share the experiance of noizy and HV. But im learning fast!!

Take care

Keith-D-MAX 2112 NJ

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by D-MAX 2112 View Post
    Im going to go with Dual hots on the "dinosaur burban project"... for myself i think i might get a little frustrated with the high degree of directitvity. I will be happier with the duals.
    Ive been talking skip on 28 from my flim flam honda and Nasty boy.. tells the person im talking to ..to say hello to me.. i couldnt here him and we were maybe 25-30mi away..im betting it was his directivity choppin my lips off without hearing him.
    Im new to this so i cant share the experiance of noizy and HV. But im learning fast!!

Take care

Keith-D-MAX 2112 NJ

fooooooooooooooo 10 roger and check !!!!!!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I find the comments of super tight patterns with a bounce back.. my truck as max fwd gain still tx in all directions.
    if its that tight, its tuned wrong.
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    I find the comments of super tight patterns with a bounce back.. my truck as max fwd gain still tx in all directions.
    if its that tight, its tuned wrong.
    with a bounce back system you will have a diamond shape array radiation in front of ya . it is very tight.

dual hott . figure 8 radiation pattern but very wide , niceeeeeee daddy i like that !!!

time to get the phazer out !!!!! lets try this again .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont know what you had for a pattern, thats not what all of us are getting.
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Visitors found this page by searching for

do stargun antennas work

two hot or bounceback what would you do

bounceback antenna system

cb bounce back beam antenna

cb antenna bounce back

davemade new jersey cb radio

bounce back antenna vs 2 hots

mobile antenna bounce back

cb antenna bounce back system

55 bounce back antenna system

antenna system that equal to bounce back antenna system