preps
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Half wave mobile antennas

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good point...
    Last edited by 619 NJ; 04-25-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    d max, which performed better?

fletcher, go play your horn

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought that was him...interesting...
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    he has btk under his user name....

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I saw that. He was busting my balls in another thread. I was ok enough to get money from for a noise toy, though...Don't know why he'd be fucking with me.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breeze i think you know the answer to your question.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The kid is pretty smart... but behind a keyboard.. biggest douchebag .. in person i would have to knock his teeth out. Does any know his screen name "Fletcher Munson" curve?. the screen name gave him away ..as soon as i read it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to D-MAX 2112 For This Useful Post:

619 NJ (04-25-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of rw db gain will a terry 55 1/2 wave antenna do against a terry 1/4 wave for a mobile application? Has any1 tested this?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    These 2 1/2 waves the terry and FB were not mine.. i only had a short period of time to mess with them. One thing i found impressive.. the 55 came in 2 tubes.. and numerous sections.. all marked from terry.. all we did was match the marks as he had them.. assembled and hooked up an mfj.. and holy crap tuned awsome almost right away.(not sure how he could do that) The FB 1/2 wave is pretty impressive looking and is nothing to take lightly.. We ran a pretty stout AC box thru them... the transmitting station was in highlands NJ the listening station in waretown nj about 30 or more miles now that i look at mapquest. Both did well with the rx stations rf gain 50%.. the Terry was 2.5 db stronger then the fb with more fwd swing on the rx station.. with the ac box not touched when we swapped.
    I dont have a bunch of antenna sw to really analyze them. I will get a terry 1/2 wave setup to park and talk skip with eventually. Or possibly see if Noisemaker would get involved with trying to build 1/2 waves. I do not run ac in the mobile.. i run a Orig dave..4x20 - thru terry 55's at the moment in a bounceback setup.. love it..But am itching to try a 1/2 wave setup.
    Only thing ..terrys 1/2 waves are for PARKING/keying" they are a bit "whippy" do not plan on going anywhere with them up there.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah and thanks for the quick response and the good info. I was already pretty convinced i wanted to try terrys version over the fatboy
    Version but my main question still remains the same im very interested in buying a quarter wave and a half wave from terry but before i put up $800 or $900 for a half wave antenna i would like to see if its worth the time if there is truly a 10 to 20 db gain sitting still that is well worth
    Every penny but if i stop park and sit still test the two antennas and get nothing but a
    3 db gain i would be alittle bummed by the way my application would be just a single antenna
    Omni directional on a ford f150 with a 7 pill i intend on using to drive a 32 pill.
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated. And thanks again d-max for responding and giving me your real world experience with
    The product.

Visitors found this page by searching for

half wave cb antenna

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads401-Half-wave-mobile-antennas

12 wave mobile antenna

55 cb antenna

55 built antennas

half wave mobile antenna

55 bull-it amphow to make a half wave cb antenna12 wave 55 cb antennasset a half wave moble antennadave made fighting sticksdave made antennasterry 55 half wave antennashalf wave mobile cb antenna12 wave cb antennahow to build a halk way intenna for cbmobile half wave antennaterry 55 antenna site:cbjunkies.com 55 bull-it amp12 wave over 14 wave antennahow to build a half wave antennarod of god cb antennahalf wave mobile12 ft cb antenna55 half wave fighting sticks