Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRN38 View Post
    my half waves give the same signal as my 5 element fighting system
    what's wrong with your 5 element ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rail View Post
    Whats your take on half wave antennas vs 1/4 wave high voltage u seem to be into the shoot out skip talking scene what do u think is it worth throwing out $900 bucks will i get a 10 plus db gain at 20 30 miles away.
    a 1/2 wave base antenna doesn't have 10 db of gain over a 1/4 wave base antenna ........ why would you believe mobile versions will ????????????????????????????????????????????????

try drinking more water and ease up on the kool-aid

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome back the blow hole.

Booty being that you dont use your head, and think for yourself. Let me add a few things you obviously havent taken into account. 99% of people are running a bounce back system with half waves. so there is your missing gain to a point. I will once say again you have never used half of what your attempt to talk about. These are real world results. Results that can be duplicated and demonstrated for you if you really feel the need.

Now everyone the testing parameters were a dax10 radio which has a great meter for signal reading. And was field tested to be 6 db per s unit. How is this done? Hold a 400w dk and record signal, hold 800 hold signal, hold 1600 and record. 4 to 800 watts was 1/2 an s unit that's an easy way to determine 3db of signal gain per half or 6 per s unit. A hair tighter after 7 to about 5 db per s unit. Distance was 40 air miles to stickman at his base. Now that the signal baseline is set...

With the 2 coils and a 16 pill I can put just about 4 s units on him. The current 5 element fighting system puts 7 to a hair better s units on him. Hey booty can you add? its at least 17 db gain over 2 coils which is 5 db over 1 coil.
    ( the best low boom antenna system we had was 3 db less then the current one. which is about 5 less for the average ) Now the half waves are right at the same signal as the current 5 element system. Give or take a needles width on the meter. Booty are you still doing the math? blow up the calculator and break 7 pencils yet?
    Now that I mentioned the old low boom antenna system you can now see why everyone was afraid of the half waves at keydowns.

Back to the half waves. Half waves are really good for two things. Complete local decimation, but primarily talking skip. the added receive, and much higher tx level = skip control.. I have at one time just hardly squeaked in between the keys on 2 coils and a 24 pill. put on the 1/2 waves and now im on top of everyone else who had better conditions.

now some NJ guys have tested the 55 version and the other design and the 55's did 2.5db better. Now blow hole Im not going to question how they did the test, what was used, How it was used. I'm confident that both of them knew what they were doing.. And since this is cb radio and there is no solid baseline, level of test equipment any argument you have is useless.
    Also being you are to cheap, stubborn and fat to do any testing for yourself you will never know for yourself. Books were written years ago, but just as the first book was written on fuel injection for motors, new ways and technology was found to outperform the book written years ago. So wise up booty. Read and pay attention!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CBRN38 For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (04-30-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LMFAO !!!!

a maco 5 element only has 15.5 db of gain . hell , their biggest beams produce a max of 18 db

http://www.macoantennas.net/Antennas.html

a
    half wave antenna only has 1 db of gain over a 1/4 wave ... but you expect folks to believe what you say ..........
    fool breeze , keep telling lies to sell stuff for your good buddies .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    such limited intelligence

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CBRN38 For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (04-30-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hahahhahahah . well mr cool breeze I must thank you gain for your awesome knowledge brotherrrr brotherrrrrr. im on the side breaka breakaaaaaaaa .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the left or the right?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the left or the right?
    hmmmmmmmmmm both sides . lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    such limited intelligence
    i'm smart enough to not believe your bull chit .
    Last edited by BOOTY MONSTER; 04-30-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HA HV you want arm warmers instead?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CBRN38 For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (05-01-2013)

Visitors found this page by searching for

half wave cb antenna

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads401-Half-wave-mobile-antennas

12 wave mobile antenna

55 cb antenna

55 built antennas

half wave mobile antenna

55 bull-it amphow to make a half wave cb antenna12 wave 55 cb antennasset a half wave moble antennadave made fighting sticksdave made antennasterry 55 half wave antennashalf wave mobile cb antenna12 wave cb antennahow to build a halk way intenna for cbmobile half wave antennaterry 55 antenna site:cbjunkies.com 55 bull-it amp12 wave over 14 wave antennahow to build a half wave antennarod of god cb antennahalf wave mobile12 ft cb antenna55 half wave fighting sticks