preps
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Half wave mobile antennas

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol lol lol

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to High Voltage Mobile NJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I talked to one of the dave made techs and he said the rod of god was made for the back door to be isolated. that's hard to believe because if the back door is not grounded, how would the rod know that its back there. you have to have a neg. and a positive to react. the grounded back door, kicks the rf forward again, hitting the rod and increases the db gain. will some one explain this theory if its true

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bad boy For This Useful Post:

Armed&Dangerous (04-28-2020)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can anyone tell me if they have try running just the hot side of Terry's half wave antenna without the reflector element and if so what was the performance like over the 1/4 wave antenna ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    half wave antennas don't need a ground element/plane/vehicle body to work . 5/8 aka .64's have been used without them also but the work better with some sort of counterpoise . 1/4 wave antennas shorter need some sort of counterpoise unless they are designed to use the coax as a ground element . the rod of god was a half wave antenna with tapped coil for tuning . very similar to the old ringo antennas that used a tapped loop for tuning . beams antennas FWIU work best with a reflector and one or more directors and the reflector and director(s) have to EACH be a certain lenmgth and distance apart according to the band it's used on . the performance difference with a full length 1/4 wave (9ft on CB) would be similar to a antron 99 over the 1/4 wave .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Sticky Fingers On Twitter Add Sticky Fingers on Facebook Add Sticky Fingers on Google+ Add Sticky Fingers on Bebo
    Add Sticky Fingers on Linkedin Follow Sticky Fingers on Tumblr Follow Sticky Fingers on Flickr Visit Sticky Fingers's Youtube Channel Visit Sticky Fingers's Vimeo Channel
    What a steaming great load of horse manure lol. You sure don't need to spend that kind of money on any antenna , CB radio is not a competition , it's for talkin to people. If you have a favorite location you like to park the mobile at , you can do what I do. I take out the a99 and put it on a short pole at the top of my fav hill and start talkin. It will give you the same gain as a DX500 on a quarter wave mobile antenna without the DX500 in line...... trust me on this I have tested it multiple times over the years. The DX500 will give me 5 S points on my 9 foot car antenna at my friends location about 70 miles from me. Take out the DX 500 and connect the antron to the radio and I get the same results. Tested many times same results every time...... $950 bucks is a new ham radio for me def not spending that kind of money on an antenna that's for sure , anyone who does has more money than sense lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "....I take out the a99 and put it on a short pole at the top of my fav hill and start talkin. It will give you the same gain as a DX500 on a quarter wave mobile antenna without the DX500 in line...."

a antron 99 having the same gain as a 1/4 wave mobile antenna with a 500 watt amp behind it .....
    must have been the shittiest mobile antenna ever or a really shitty install of the antenna/amp on the mobile .

a increase in reception should be substantial with the much bigger antenna being so much higher at the tip .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow Sticky Fingers On Twitter Add Sticky Fingers on Facebook Add Sticky Fingers on Google+ Add Sticky Fingers on Bebo
    Add Sticky Fingers on Linkedin Follow Sticky Fingers on Tumblr Follow Sticky Fingers on Flickr Visit Sticky Fingers's Youtube Channel Visit Sticky Fingers's Vimeo Channel
    The install of the 102 inch car antenna was perfect with a flat swr across 27mhz , The antron was higher being up on a 20 foot portable pole...... the results were verified several times..... When we did this test we did not believe it to be possible...... but that is the results we got. Of course no one will believe this but it's 100% true..... Next time i'm up that hill i'm going to do a video and post it on my youtube channel showing both setups working as I have stated here.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How do I buy the rod of god antenna or a remake 1/2 over a 1/4?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thiink of all antennas as transformers. Some have internal coils which can increase the "apparent" length of a wire or transmitting element. Internal coils can become overloaded and increase SWR. I use a balun on the end of 100 feet of RG-8 coax. Hoisted into a tree with a sling shot and LONG wires launched over trees with bow and arrow. Two wires in opposite directions or multiple wires to create a beam effect. Once the wires are at least three wavelengths, the actual length doesn't matter. In elevated areas, a beam can be created with sticks holding wires above ground, cut to lengths to make radiator, reflector and director elements. This would be fed with a balun and two wires cut to one half wavelength on each side to get a full wavelength.

Visitors found this page by searching for

half wave cb antenna

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads401-Half-wave-mobile-antennas

12 wave mobile antenna

55 cb antenna

55 built antennas

half wave mobile antenna

55 bull-it amphow to make a half wave cb antenna12 wave 55 cb antennasset a half wave moble antennadave made fighting sticksdave made antennasterry 55 half wave antennashalf wave mobile cb antenna12 wave cb antennahow to build a halk way intenna for cbmobile half wave antennaterry 55 antenna site:cbjunkies.com 55 bull-it amp12 wave over 14 wave antennahow to build a half wave antennarod of god cb antennahalf wave mobile12 ft cb antenna55 half wave fighting sticks