preps
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Half wave mobile antennas

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Half wave mobile antennas

doughboy. In competitions, the 12 foot rule applies. in the past the dave crew used the rog, did well with it. it wasnt untill 55 brought out his 1/2 waves that they cried and got them banned. Lame for sure since anyone can buy a set.

Now I have read the post at the lamo radio room where a fellow poster thinks he knows how they work, and how they need grounding LMFAO moron.

most half wave antenna, mobile and base straight sticks are a 1/2 wave over a 1/4 wave. the dave rod of god, 55's or the replicas are a 1/4 wave base feeding the top 1/2 wave section through a capacitor. over all length is over 20 feet, which alone would tell you that you wont be driving down the road with them.
    Ground radios will not help since the metal mobile is the ground!!!!!! the davemade style half waves require a specific puc so the bottom of the coil is at ground!!!!

benifits of 1/2 waves. In my results I have found 12-15 db gain over 2 coils. so thats 20 db over 1 coil. now my 5 and 6 element fighting system does better ina shoot out, but the 1/2 waves are devistating in skip. I have proven this myself, along with many many happy 1/2 wave owners.

55's 1/2 waves are 950 shipped. Calm down, dont freak 900 for antennas, forget that! Negative!
    you need to double your power for 3db gain. So if you had 2 coils, you would have to double your power 4-5 times to equal the output. if you have a 2 pill, how much would it cost to double your power 4-5 times?? WAYYYYYYYYYY more then 900 bucks. 4 times would require a much larger amp, more alternators, less gas milage! bigger coax and a bucket load of money!

Now to others, befor you try to argue any findings of mine. Please buy a set, do your own testing, then report back. thank you
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coolbreeze For This Useful Post:

707 Lumpy Delaware (04-26-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that does make perfect sense,
    increasing your antenna gain , being less expensive than footing the bill for other things

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.5150cbrn For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (04-25-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    will he make me one for the paddy wagon ford ? i would love to have one . omg yessssssssssss

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes he will call him
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    10-4 roger thanks cool breeze .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive been thinking about 1/2 waves..they are pricey... i dont know much about setting them up ... my surburban is using dual hots. My honda uses 1 hot drive around and i have a back door setup now.
    For me to justify the cost i would need to be able to use them somehow on both vehicles.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    why do you have 2 hots? you might be able to get them to tune, no one has ever tried but the cost is way higher since you need two sets of the hot element. and they can be moved from one to the other. some tunning will be needed

the cost to performance ratio is way more effective then a bigger box.
    BUT the cost is most resonable if you are the type to sit still and talk skip in the mobile.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the difference in doubling your power via amplifiers may be a bit pricey vs. the antenna system however you said it yourself...you cannot ride around with 1/2 waves. However you can ride around with a bigger box and use it all the time. Dropping $900 for a set of Terry's stix is only applicable if you key. Now figure how much money you may win (or in your case lose) versus how much money it will take in winning competitions. You'll find that it will take you several years of consistent victories to cover your initial investment.

Then when you decided enough is enough and you wish to sell your antenna system, you'll find that you'll have much more trouble unloading them (not even considering shipping) as opposed to selling a box.

So in a nutshell investing in an amp will give you everyday use instead of a few times a year using the 1/2 waves.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah but if youre looking to purchase a set your purchasing them for a reason. Not to mention some of us like to shoot skip, not just key. You can even make it into a base antenna if u decide you mo loner want to use em for a mobile. Or you can just bring em to a swap meet and you will most likely unload em without having to worrry about shipping. How many 1/2 waves have you seen at a swap meet? Or on feebay? Or on craigslist? My point exactly.

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hopefully i won't offend you asking a few simple questions ...

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    doughboy. In competitions, the 12 foot rule applies. ..........
    ...... most half wave antenna, mobile and base straight sticks are a 1/2 wave over a 1/4 wave.

can you name a 1/2 wave base CB antenna that is a 1/2 wave over a 1/4 wave please ?

the dave rod of god, 55's or the replicas are a 1/4 wave base feeding the top 1/2 wave section through a capacitor. over all length is over 20 feet, which alone would tell you that you wont be driving down the road with them.

if there is a 12 ft length the rule for competitions , how can a 20 ft antenna be used ? it cant be driven with , too tall for comps ...... what are these antenna good for other than putting money in there sellers pockets ?

Ground radios will not help since the metal mobile is the ground!!!!!! the davemade style half waves require a specific puc so the bottom of the coil is at ground!!!!

end fed 1/2 waves don't need ground radials anyhow , the ringo is a good example of that . typically it doesn,t hurt to add them and in some installs they have shown benefits .

benifits of 1/2 waves. In my results I have found 12-15 db gain over 2 coils. so thats 20 db over 1 coil. now my 5 and 6 element fighting system does better ina shoot out, but the 1/2 waves are devistating in skip. I have proven this myself, along with many many happy 1/2 wave owners.

why not just put the top of a merlin on the mobile ? i've herd it does between 4 - 15 s-units more signal than even highly touted 5/8 . seems like that 24 - 90 db of gain would be more useful than the measly little 12-15 db the ROD and it's contemporary's give (according to your numbers given here) .

55's 1/2 waves are 950 shipped. Calm down, dont freak 900 for antennas, forget that! Negative!
    you need to double your power for 3db gain. So if you had 2 coils, you would have to double your power 4-5 times to equal the output. if you have a 2 pill, how much would it cost to double your power 4-5 times?? WAYYYYYYYYYY more then 900 bucks. 4 times would require a much larger amp, more alternators, less gas milage! bigger coax and a bucket load of money!

since they can't be driven with and they're too tall for competition it seems they are pretty much just useful sitting in the drive way or driving to a hill to or clear open area to talk . seems like a home-brewed ringo could be made to handle just as much power for well under $100 for the power user and a imax would do as well of better for the other %99 of users .

so how are these antennas good value for the money asked for them ?

Now to others, befor you try to argue any findings of mine. Please buy a set, do your own testing, then report back. thank you

Visitors found this page by searching for

half wave cb antenna

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads401-Half-wave-mobile-antennas

12 wave mobile antenna

55 cb antenna

55 built antennas

half wave mobile antenna

55 bull-it amphow to make a half wave cb antenna12 wave 55 cb antennasset a half wave moble antennadave made fighting sticksdave made antennasterry 55 half wave antennashalf wave mobile cb antenna12 wave cb antennahow to build a halk way intenna for cbmobile half wave antennaterry 55 antenna site:cbjunkies.com 55 bull-it amp12 wave over 14 wave antennahow to build a half wave antennarod of god cb antennahalf wave mobile12 ft cb antenna55 half wave fighting sticks