preps

Thread: a few things to remember

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

a few things to remember

MAke sure your regulator can handle the field amp draw of your alt.
    have 25% more amps avalible then what your biggest box draws.
    remember that some alts can not produce the same amps at 20v at they can at 14.
    do not use 2 8 v batts and try to run 20v. you will burn them up and waste amps trying to do so.
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coolbreeze For This Useful Post:

D-MAX 2112 (05-17-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And your charge rate will only be 2-2.5v over than what your battery bank is at - 2x 8v in series = 16v which means your charge rate will be 18v, possibly hitting 19v if your batteries are cold.

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    noisey knows
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    lol lol loll oll ol imagine . if there not polished i dont want them !!!! ask noisy he tell ya .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another thing i want to add after a friend called me asking about a belt being thrown after hes on the hamma. This is most likely an alternator locking up. All his alts are externally regulated. Now we just have to find the bad one. When an alt locks up under load it could be a couple of things. Internally regulated alts that lock usually means the regulator is spent. But for those that have no internal regulation, its either a bad stator or rectifier (if there is an internal rect). An amp clamp is a good investment if u plan on doing competition setups or run multiple alts.

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sometimes the belt walks when a load is applied and higher rpms. might need a bigger and wider pulley or a better tighter rap .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    anyone know about those external rectifiers ive seen like 700amp rectifiers but can i run more then one alternator to one of these or do i need one for each alternator in other words i would like to run 3 200 amp leece feeding one 700amp external rectifier

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
    anyone know about those external rectifiers ive seen like 700amp rectifiers but can i run more then one alternator to one of these or do i need one for each alternator in other words i would like to run 3 200 amp leece feeding one 700amp external rectifier
    Dont know if you can do that or not. I know you CAN parallel the outputs but if you find some for cheap let me know

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    Parallel the three Phase from the alts or the outputs of the rectifiers

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was talking about paralleling the outputs to the batteries (thats how i have my wind turbines setup). Ive seen 2 (brushless) alternators of equal value hooked up in 3phase series -and par. series doubles the voltage, and parallel will double your amperage -just like batteries. I guess you can do it if all the alts are equal and the rectifier can handle it. Ive also seen brushless alts that regulate themselves to the load they are connected to (uhhhhuhuhhuhuuhhhu i said load). I have several GM10si's that will do 120vDC spun from a cordless drill, but if you hooked em up to a car/truck on 12v load and revved em to 1000rpm, you would destroy them in less than a minute. I guess ill ahve to try that out in the cave one night when i get bored. I have a bunch of cores i can experiment on.

noizybuilt.com

Visitors found this page by searching for

noname amps cool breeze