preps

Thread: New Purchase of mine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Purchase of mine

O.K. i'm still not set up to transmit yet.i still have to buy some coax(money's been tight)and hire this guy that i've spoken to that installs all kinds of antennas locally.he's gonne climb my chosen tree and put my Antron99 up as high as possible.then i also have to buy and install the grounding stuff(lightning)and then i should be all set..i've just had some financial set backs and have had to put my money there.

anyways,this guy listed a Cobra2000GTL on Craigslist and i met him and bought it.i only tested it to make sure it turned on and i could hear transmissions.i used my power inverter along with my Wilson 5000 on my Jeep.then when i got home i hooked it up to house power and got a tx report and it sounded fine they told me.i am going to send it out to have it looked at and properly tuned and aligned by a great radio tech(thanks to Bulldog for the tech's info).so here are a couple of pictures.as you can see on the front there are two toggle switches for extra channels that i'll have to map soon.once everything is actually set up the way i want it then i'll post up pictures of the finished radio transmitting room!!Gravy-Unit626-New Hampshire!!

P.S.This radio seems close to mint.the advertisement stated that they knew nothing about the radio as it was inherited.it also came with ALL THE ORIGINAL PAPERWORK!!! pretty cool if you ask me!! Oh,and that Cobra Desk-Mic that is in the picture,is dead so i'll be using one of my Cobra Mobile mic's or a SuperStar(I think that's the name of it)until i eventually get a nice desk mic.

Name:  DSCF0054.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  2.91 MBName:  DSCF0057.JPG
Views: 100
Size:  2.28 MBName:  DSCF0058.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  2.28 MBName:  DSCF0064.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  3.02 MBName:  DSCF0088.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  2.46 MB
    Last edited by Mistah Gravy; 04-27-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

tuning a workman dm-1000

what are the extra toggles for on a used cb