preps

Thread: Cobra 2000 GTL Restoration Videos!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Cobra 2000 GTL Restoration Videos!

Mistah Gravy it is possible to give new life to a rough looking Cobra 2000 GTL. Here is a collection of videos made by Doug "CB Repairman" YouTube handle "cbrepairguy" of Custom CB Radios, enjoy Bulldog.

Part 1 - I am taking a old Cobra 2000 and doing a complete restoration and rlue conversion to it. This is going to be a multi part video. By: CB Repairman - www.customcbradios.com

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is part 2!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is part 3!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is part 4 Doug's final video on the Cobra 2000 Restoration with blue display and black face plate. If you got the know how and a steady hand you to could make a rough looking Cobra 2000 into a custom one, enjoy Bulldog.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For anyone interested here is the Cobra 2000 Blue Display LED Kit - http://customcbradios.com/Cobra-2000-Blue-Display-LED-Kit-P669378.aspx

Deb's Decal has been know to make nice custom vinyl stick on adhesive faceplates for radios. She can custom print one to your specifications. Here is one up for auction for the Cobra 2000 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/CB-Faceplate...item33748daa1c

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In this video, YouTube username "rzelych" shows how he applies the new vinyl from Deb's Decal to his restored Cobra 2000 GTL, enjoy Bulldog.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    did anyone see his credit card number?i caught the three security numbers on the back,if you've got the credit card number we can hook up and go shopping!!!! lol j/k

anyways,i've spoken with someone at Deb's before about some faceplate stickers for my 148's and they were quite helpful in assisting me choose the correct camo faceplate for one of my 148's.i haven't bought it yet but just plum forgot but definitely nice folks and helpful.

i'm gonna go and take a look to see what other colors there may be for the 2000GTL's out there.never thought about this before and i'd like to see what options are out there for it.thanks for the share!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are few good folks out there actual capable of doing a complete Cobra 2000 restoraton. Keep in mine the first few things to go is the inaccurate readings coming off the frequency counter. Best way to tell if your radio's frequency counter may fail in time is have the radio in a completely dark room. Now the radio is off and all you can see is the time display, look at the channel LED display. If you can faintly see the numbers lite up that is a tell tale sign. There are many fixes but in my case I had to buy the whole frequency counter control module board. I got lucky and my friend bought two Cobra 2000's and one was sold for parts and I got a spare clock/frequency counter LED display & frequency control module. Capacitors will dry up from non-usage and age. These are the key to good performance. In my 2000 GTL had the audio circuit components replaced due to flat topping. The internal power supply in time will weaken and the TX power will get effected and displays lights. Temporary fix is get the DC power cord and hook it up to a good 10 amp power supply. This has not happened to me yet. Hope this helps, Bulldog.

Visitors found this page by searching for

cobra 2000 gtl service manual

cobra 2000 gtl frequency counter repair

cobra gtl 2000

Cobra 2000 GTL Manual

cobra 2000 gtl repair

cobra 2000 gtl faceplate

cobra 2000 gtl faceplates

cobra 2000 gtl frequency counter fix

cobra 2000 frequency counter repair

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads413-Cobra-2000-GTL-Restoration-Videos!

cobra 2000 gtl circuit board

Cobra 2000GTLcobra 2000cobra 2000 gtl date codecobra 2000 gtl power supplycobra 2000 gtl owners manualcobra 2000 gtl channel display stays oncobra 2000 gtl audio modscobra 2000gtl driftpowered by myBB frequencyCOBRA 2000 GTL FREQUENCY COUNTER TROUBLESHOOTINGschematic frequency counter module cobra 2000 gtlcobra 2000 gtl mod ledchannel display cobra 2000cobra 2000 gtl radio external power supply reviews