preps

Thread: A BUNCH of nOOb questions..please be kind and help if you can.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

A BUNCH of nOOb questions..please be kind and help if you can.

Prelude. Radio is a Connex CX3400HP that has been converted to CB. Antenna is a 3ft Firestick..

It has a "AM/FM" switch..I am assumning that since converted that "AM" is where it needs to be and "FM" is useless? If not what's the difference?

There is a button toward the right top that is a "band" button..It appears to have a -d. Since conversion what does this button do if anything?

While driving down the road should I keep the TB and PWR knobs maxxed out far right? I am assuming this is the "helper" for signal strength for transmit and receive.

Thanks in advance for your time to reply.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ulev1st View Post
    Prelude. Radio is a Connex CX3400HP that has been converted to CB. Antenna is a 3ft Firestick..

It has a "AM/FM" switch..I am assumning that since converted that "AM" is where it needs to be and "FM" is useless? If not what's the difference?

There is a button toward the right top that is a "band" button..It appears to have a -d. Since conversion what does this button do if anything?

While driving down the road should I keep the TB and PWR knobs maxxed out far right? I am assuming this is the "helper" for signal strength for transmit and receive.

Thanks in advance for your time to reply.
    am , would be your choice of mode ! fm is nice if you have others running fm .

the band selector switch (d) will be your std 40 channels , c band will be the 40 chanels below , e band will be 40 above - etc.
    not familiar with the "tb " but i will assume its for talk back ? - the amount of voice feed back for monitoring you voice clarity. usually used in conjunction while using echo / reverb
    PWR, usually refers to the amount of carrier that you choose to transmit with relationship to the amount of modulation you putting into the audio chain of the radio , , others will chime in if im off target
    Last edited by Mr.5150cbrn; 04-28-2012 at 09:09 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.5150cbrn For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (04-28-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do you have the owners manual for your radio ?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    these are export radio remember . FM is frequency modulation a steady carrier . having fm is another way to communicate and piss other people offf that dont have fm , lol lol lol.

an nice radio by the way to .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to High Voltage Mobile NJ For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (04-28-2012), Mr.5150cbrn (04-28-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I DO have the radio manual....it does cover BRIEFRLY the function of the different knobs...I guess I need to educate myself as to WHAT they are referring to cause I am new to all this and REALLY HAVE NO CLUE.
    So FM will work on the standard CB channels also?
    The "Above and Below" band that were referred to...is that the same as side band?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ulev1st View Post
    I DO have the radio manual....it does cover BRIEFRLY the function of the different knobs...I guess I need to educate myself as to WHAT they are referring to cause I am new to all this and REALLY HAVE NO CLUE.
    So FM will work on the standard CB channels also?
    The "Above and Below" band that were referred to...is that the same as side band?
    The above & below are frequency bands which are outside the normal and legal 40 CB channels. basically they are ham bands which require a license to legally use.

FM is not legal to use either (as a CB'er) and most CB'ers dont have it anyway. It is as High Voltage mentioned it's a good way to piss people off who are talking. So if there's a conversation happening on channel 19 (on am), you being on channel 19 as well would flip to FM and start talking or playing music or whatever--this will splash and bleed on 19 AM and you'll upset those who are talking.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gordon Gekko For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (04-28-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not really wanting to piss off people quite yet as I am a noob...but that is good to onow info..Thanks!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im thinking it was spoken as a for instance ,
    granted a lil hazing does add some "spice" to the radio frequencies !

your band switch is for your "extra channels " above and below the normal 40 that are allocated for use by the fcc.
    how ever single side band - if your radio has the capabilities , is where your individual channel has the carrier removed , producing an upper side band , and a lower side band , \
    so ssb is very different than extras!
    as am , fm , usb, lsb,cw . are the different modes of transmitting & recieving

just as "gordon gekko "stated , as hes a pretty sharp individual and clever!
    Last edited by Mr.5150cbrn; 04-28-2012 at 03:45 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.5150cbrn For This Useful Post:

Gordon Gekko (04-28-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had two 3400hp very nice radios just recently bought another one missed my first one and heard it alot on the road so I had to get another one LOL U are running a predator 10k antenna correct? you have good reports? Thinking about running one since I have a two just laying around here. Running a wilson 2000 now never had any bad reports with it when i was running my connex 4300hp Let me know what you have to say about your 3400 on that predator please Thanks

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops379 View Post
    I have had two 3400hp very nice radios just recently bought another one missed my first one and heard it alot on the road so I had to get another one LOL U are running a predator 10k antenna correct? you have good reports? Thinking about running one since I have a two just laying around here. Running a wilson 2000 now never had any bad reports with it when i was running my connex 4300hp Let me know what you have to say about your 3400 on that predator please Thanks
    If you are considering a 10k, I just wanted to mention that I have a 55r4 here for sale you may want to check out. Arguably the r4 is a better antenna than the 10k, although not trying to take anything away from it. CoolBreeze can attest to the performance of the 55.

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads418-A-BUNCH-of-nOOb-questions-please-be-kind-and-help-if-you-can

what is best antenna for a connex 3300hpconnex cx-3300 hp settingshow to adjust swr on connex 3400 hpsetting swr on conex 3300hpconnex 3400 modshow to convert the connex cx-3400hpconnex 3400hp set upconnex 3400hp modsconnex 3400hp banned fccconnex 3400hp talkback functionwhere do you add a super mod on a connex 3400band button on a connex 3400setting swr on connex 3400hpwhat would happen if the red band button on the connex 3400hp stopped working