preps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matched Pills?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Matched Pills?

Let's discuss the value of matching pills. Does it really matter? Some say it does, others say it does not. Floor open...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    i have not seen it make enough difference to matter considering when you have to double your power to gain an s unit even if it did give another 100 watts by matching all transistors in the box does it really matter?
    weak and new mixed i have seen problems

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    did you guys even read what i posted or am i ghosttalking !!!!!!!!! it matters if they are the same batch yes . in time if u have a transistor of different resistance it will bring the other transistor to fry . they will fight each other like using a good battery with an ok battery in a paralel configuration . the one stronger with more resistance will always win .

and rule of thumb Getto gorden or what ever your name is , we dont no you . so why dont you tell us whats your real cb handle and tell us your one of the bandcampers of RDX. your a bandcamper right ????? and your leader is 241 . lol
    you got some dam nerve asking for information here and then trying to fit in here.
    pack ya bags mudduck .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, are you saying that if someone has a 32 pill and blows 6 pills for whatever reason, then all 32 pills need to be replaced?

Furthermore I am not asking for information at all. I actually find it hard for me to care less than I already do. However John Doe raised some good points unfortunately he raised them in the wrong venue. Doughboy removed his comments, but since it would make for a good radio-related discussion, I started this thread. That's all.

Quit getting all defensive, this is not some RDX conspiracy to get you and I am not some under cover RDX agent conducting surveillance on you LOL. Relax.

Thank you for interjecting your thoughts regarding transistors of mixed batches.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    like i stated up there before, who are you , whats your cb handle . i no everyone out in new york friends and foooos , and i no where everybody shits to . stop being an information whore out here on this site its bad for our forum . just tell me you were u one of them ducks that tryed to hook up a 32 pill and atemp to key on 300 foot of steel using a row boat . lol lol no you do not have to replace all 32 pills . first you have to be technical to understand how they are used in a circuit . either in 2 pill , 4 pill or 8 pill configuration combined . live learn it and love it .
    we are still waiting for you to tell us who you really are . lol

its ok the ip address tell me everything i need to no .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Well with the 32 pill it depends if some that are still working in the pairs are really weak and you pair those with new it could cause combiner resistors to cook if it were me i would take the remaining good pills in those sets and pair them then pair the new six with each other

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

High volatage your talking about what you said before but that was a different thread that since been deleted and this is a new one he started because i had to delete the old one because it was spinning off in the forsale forum no ones getting hostile just relax brother lol bump bump

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Best of my knowledge youre supposed to change the pair with a "matched set" - not matching to the rest of the banks. I only have a few boxes that are truely matching. I have one amp that does have 1 match in it and its fine and actually screams.

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

yes your supposed to change the pair with matching either old or new not mix old and new in a pair but they dont have to be from the same production lot or purchased as a matched set although you do see some performance gain when you use electrically matched sets

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    High Voltage, I will come say hello to you this weekend. Only if you promise NOT to do any cartwheels. LOL!

My little 5 pill does not have matched pills and it does just what it's supposed to do according to the Bird.

I would agree that having all matched pills looks nicer and probably serves a purpose for stability but for example if you bought 4 brand new pills from different vendors (different lot numbers) I don't see how that would negatively affect performance.

Visitors found this page by searching for

matched pills

3 pills matched

quotes about the pills from matched

lot number pills dont match

does none matching pills in a cb amplifier matter

hooking up two pill linear to four pill

pills matching

how old are you when you get pills in matched

cb 24 pill

what are the red pills for in Matched

What cb radio pairs with a 24 pill amp