preps
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual Hot Antenna setup

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dual Hot Antenna setup

Anyone running dual hots at 86in spacing?.. If so what antennas are you running and how did they tune?

Thanks
    Keith

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    big mike runs 2 hots, a back door, and 3 directors. he has won the 6 pill in nj

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok.. i have my setup for 2 hots and 86 in spacing.. wondering what antenna's people are running.. and some details like shaft lenth..ect. No names and 55's ..haha..i know.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You said shaft...

Sent from my Dave Made mobile phone.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Quote Originally Posted by D-MAX 2112 View Post
    Ok.. i have my setup for 2 hots and 86 in spacing.. wondering what antenna's people are running.. and some details like shaft lenth..ect. No names and 55's ..haha..i know.
    from what i understand the required spacing should be 6ft for it to work.???

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use to run 2 hots at 86"...Used Predator 10K's with 17" lower shafts...Coolbreeze helped me out with the coax lengths..."This is the Importaint part!" different lengths coax determines your signal pattern...

Ran that for a while, then just went to a bounce-back set-up, and couldn't tell much difference. Right now I'm just running one antenna, but can switch back to bounce-back at anytime.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (09-13-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    6 foot for 2 hots is one of those wifes tales that is a buch of bull shit.

If you get two hots set up right, I said IF a bounce back will still do a tad better. even the "books" say that.
    my bounce back set up does not have a tight RX pattern like alot of 2 hot guys say. it can also be tunes in under 20 min. 2 hots takes much longer when dealing with coax lengths

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CBRN38 For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (09-13-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok .. maybe some input from the guru's PLEASE..?? im running rfs 1/2 superflex hardline with a velocity factor of .81 @ 27mhz so i used the coax calcultor here.. I have now 12.77 ft of coax. So its somewhere between the 1/2 wave 1/4 wave. Am i in trouble here? Im kind of in-between more to the 1/2 wave lenth.

For coax with Vf = .81, 1/2 wavelength = 4.5 m, 450 cm, 14.76 ft & 177.17 in

For coax with Vf = .81, 1/4 wavelength = 2.25 m, 225 cm, 7.38 ft & 88.58 in
    Last edited by D-MAX 2112; 09-14-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im ok with spending some time tuning.. i will have to do it on 2 diff sets of antennas though.. Just not sure which antennas.. i like noizy's but hes super busy and i wanna get out there and key.. maybe FB 55 copies. Hv has a set of Star gunns to try.. first round with them they wouldnt tune... tried them on a bounce back sys and they wouldnt tune there either... he has longer stingers this next round.
    For giggles i threw my FB R4 front puck hooked up the mfj and was shocked 1.2 swr r 40 x3 never touched it.. from my honda to the front puck.. go figure.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by D-MAX 2112 View Post
    Im ok with spending some time tuning.. i will have to do it on 2 diff sets of antennas though.. Just not sure which antennas.. i like noizy's but hes super busy and i wanna get out there and key.. maybe FB 55 copies. Hv has a set of Star gunns to try.. first round with them they wouldnt tune... tried them on a bounce back sys and they wouldnt tune there either... he has longer stingers this next round.
    For giggles i threw my FB R4 front puck hooked up the mfj and was shocked 1.2 swr r 40 x3 never touched it.. from my honda to the front puck.. go figure.

i thought you are running 2 8 foot pieces .

Visitors found this page by searching for

ju gunn mobile stick

tuning 14 wave mobile cb

tuning a jo gunn

631 rdx horn

14 wave stick antenna calculator

stroker amps

stroker amps AMPS

jo gunn mobile antenna specifications

14 wave sheet

strokeramps