preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astatic 700 Power Scanner Meter Review!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Astatic 700 Power Scanner Meter Review!

My Astatic 700 Power Scanner meter arrived from Sparkys CB Shack on 5/15/2012. I took advantage of the sale & saved $5.00! It arrived in a timely manner and packed very well! This is a full sized meter and weights about 6 pounds. Full featured meter allows the operator to monitor their transmit power in watts, modulation and swr. The very large meter window is easy on the eyes. Frequency range: 25 - 30 MHz, accuracy SWR 10%, RF Power 7% & Modulation 10% stated on the front of the box but not mentioned in the manual. All meters are not totally accurate. Some manufacture's state the +/- of accuracy either on their product box or manual. Others won't in fear of not selling the product! The meter portion is of the unit is 6" wide and 4" high. The unit weights about 6 pounds, which is 9-5/8" wide, 4-7/8 high & 4-1/2" deep. Always make sure on the transmit and antenna hook ups. Double check what the manual says vs what is labeled on the back. There is no standard on what side has to be transmit or antenna. If you hook any meter up and its unusally quiet changes are its hooked up wrong! This meter checks out OK. All functions works as they should. You can leave this meter inline all the time. The readings I am getting are fairly close to the ones on my Workman HP201S but with a better view. A meter like this is a good reference tool on the, "health" of your radio and antenna. Getting tired of seeing that meter needle swing, you can actually turn the meter off. The meter lights are bright. The knobs are easy to grab on to for selecting and calibrating. When placed on a flat surface it did not wobble. The fit and finish of this product is very good. The SO-239 hooks ups are the modern style like on the Diamond products. I have the Diamond CX310A Coaxial Switch and the SO-239 connectors are alike. All and all I like it, worth the price, good addition to the shack...Bulldog.

Photobucket Album - http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa224/AmericanBLUZUMR/Astatic%20700%20Power%20Scanner%20Meter/

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulldog-Unit777 For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (05-18-2012), Steve_Buckeye (11-25-2015)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say i have one of these too and its pretty accurate. I use it for power readings. In avg mode my amp was reading 1.7kw, when hooked to a bird meter it read 1.7 as well. Not too shabby for the money!

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the come back Noisemaker! 1.7kw in average, pretty healthy for sure! You are the Noisemaker in NJ, shake break, have a good one.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the official slide show, enjoy Bulldog.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i've had one for a few years and i like it too

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have seen a picture of your set up with the 700!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog-Unit777 View Post
    I have seen a picture of your set up with the 700!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i always wondered if the astaic 700 was as good as the pdc 700 [which i have]

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i've read that the PDC's were better ...... my astatic is good enough for me . i wanted a big easy to read meter that was accurate enough on vswr to keep my equipment safe . i don't need extreme power reading accuracy since i dont tune equipment and i don't need or want the maximum possible watts . something you may want to consider if your're buying brand new .....

http://www.autekresearch.com/wm1.htm

t
    he autek wm1 is supposed to be pretty darn accurate without investing hundreds in a bird meter and slugs and doesnt need tuning to a set mark to read vswr .
    Last edited by BOOTY MONSTER; 08-13-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well ive heard mixed results . ive seen the autex meter b4 and have considered it. im looking 4 a easy to read large meter and NO cross meters. my pdc needle sticksat halfway reguardless what power setting its on so i just leave it on 1k watt scale thats fine but cannot use anyother features on it cause of the way needle acts.so heres my list astic 700mfj large meter [unsure of model number] had decent luck with mfj in pastautex meter [considered this one many times

Visitors found this page by searching for

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads480-Astatic-700-Power-Scanner-Meter-Review!

astatic 700 meter review