preps
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Ghost Mounts ...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blue Ghost Mounts ...

Gents

Anyone using Blueghost brackets for leeces in there burban??

i just got my blueghost mount 3 large case leeces and AC. and im a little baffled... 1 - if the leece front tab mounts to the bracket there is a big gap between brkt and the rear tab .. so do i have to make a big spacer to make up that gap?
    Other Mystery is the top brkt. Just kinda hangs out on top?.. or does that top brkt need some support bracket ?

Thanks

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i made spacers for between the channel, and off the back for extra strength.
    by BOOTYMONSTER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm
    how about an option to delete a thread we make ?
    ill admit im at least a part time idiot . sometimes i do double post when editing a post .
    some may find this hard to believe , but ....... sometimes i even get pissed and make a post i regret later . hard to believe huh?? lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had it on the bench breeze i think i see how it goes...just have to hope a chop saw can cut the spacer material straight. Top bracket bracing might be a challenge . I have my old race car chassis builder lined up to help.. just want to get everything we need so i can get it done in a day.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    for the prices he wants they should be bolt no mods needed the one for my truck he want just under 900 and its still universal junk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to doughboy For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (06-10-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you . thats right .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeap i agree Doughboy.. i tried mounting the bracket.. the flange to mount to the cylinder head, the bolt hole pattern wont line up.. only 2 bolts of the 3 will go in.. off about 1/2 the dia of the 3/8ths bolt that has to go in there. Sucks because have to keep moving the ac lines..scary as you know they arent designed to be moved to much.. total cluster fuck..
    I at least figured i would get the bracket mounted and 1 alt dummied up ..but no....

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I understand about BlueGhost, he's been working hard on improving the quality of his mounting systems. He's also very customer friendly and is willing to help you through any difficulties you may encounter. I haven't dealt with him personally but I know people who have and they seemed very satisfied with his more recent product.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im sure hes trying but he has a long way to go. He helps to a point then when it gets technical he shuts down and doesnt offer any info. If your selling something aka 4 alt plus ac bracket... 93 burban... then someone must have had do it once somewhere, right..?. So a photo must exisit somewhere or a dwg? No just a "wing it" attitude
    After getting the fixes/modifycations done just to get the mount bolted to the head.. it was a spiral of Obstacles..none of which that couldnt be overcome.. but when asked he would act like its the first time he heard of the issue. Like the temp sender hitting an Alt.. no way someone else didnt run into this. He would act like it was shocking. No provision for a belt tensioner either.
    Maybe im the only one in the country with 4 alt with ac bracket for a 93 burban. I dont know..
    Also..The entire bracket needs an entire other bracket fab'd just to remove the huge flex in the bracket.. its very weak.
    So while maybe hes trying.. if your going to use his bracket beware !.. Have a welder. plasma cutter, tubing bender, drills, die grinder. different type temp sender, bunch of 1/2 in fittings to relocate the temp sender. Wire to extend the ac harness. ditch your air cleaner - it wont fit, relocate the battery,and evap canister, be ready to remove the bracket to modify for a belt tensioner.. no provision for one so the belt "slaps" welding plasma cutting required, If you using Air cond,, the compressor electrical connector has no provision.. you need to knotch the bracket,plasma cutter required.
    I could keep going but i think the point is clear

Thanks
    Keith 2112

rdx horn killa!!
    Last edited by D-MAX 2112; 08-01-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see you had problems, and I understand your frustrations. I was just saying his stuff is not all bad.
    I'm back in the bushes.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All done now .. we will see how it does when i key the davemade...if it throws the belt off.. im gonna drive out west to blueghost and throw it thru his window!

Visitors found this page by searching for

blue ghost alternator bracket

blue ghost cb

blue ghost brackets

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads517-Blue-Ghost-Mountspage2

blue ghost dual alternator brackets

blue ghost alternator brackets

blue ghost alt

blue ghost cb ant mounts

blue ghost vortec setup

blue ghost antenna mountsyoutube video stargun antenna systemsblue ghost antennasblue ghost cb partsblueghost cbblueghost alternator bracketsblue ghost one alternator brackethttp:www.cbjunkies.comthreads517-Blue-Ghost-Mounts blueghost.comBlueghost 3 alternator setupcb meanpill nationblue ghost two alternator lower bracketblueghost alternatorsblue ghost mounts24 pill davemade alternator setupblue ghost cb equipment