Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Rod of WHO???

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    But i think they were gold colored i dont think they were actually plated and people probably would make them if it could be done cheap the plating thickness would have to vary by frequency to because skin effect depth varys by freq and metal used

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    I have also noticed hf wires that i have built from steel or copper wire copper always receives better but it also pics up alot of noise in the neighborhood

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it was probably anodized or electroplated

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just typed a really long and detailed reply and when I get distracted and come back it vanishes it happened 2 times already...

Now that I vented I feel better. This is the short version

Anodized aluminium is a oxide coating produced my reacting the Al with different chemicals at different temps. That being said an anodized antenna is coated in a resistive coating which would affect performance negatively. I'm not saying the antenna will be deaf bit it would be less sensitive to weaker signals than an antenna of another material. I had links and quotes but I don't feel like looking for the third time.

With regard to gold plating Silver is actually a better conductor than Gold at RF frequences. Gold is chosen at times because it doesn't tarnish and is typically used in low voltage low amperage applications where oxidation is an issue. This being said it would seem to be an argument to counter my point regarding copper oxides and silver oxides being conductive and Al oxides being resistive at RF frequences.

I'm also not claiming to be an antenna engineer, metallurgist, physics professor, etc... I've got a couple of radio licenses and if something doesn't sound right I just research it.

I suggest googleing Silver vs Gold Plating RF Frequences, Anodizing, Anodizing RF, Measuring Conductivity, Conductivity vs Resistvity, silver plating tank coils, skin effect (don't get any funny ideas), skin effect silver, skin effect gold, skin effect aluminium, etc...

The above is some examples of what I searched for then lost it before I could make the post.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aardvark For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (03-22-2013), skyhawktexas (08-29-2012)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    looks sweet man .... 3 loops.... i like .... nice job

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanx man! The owner will be posting his results soon. So far, he called me and he had it mounted on his truck going down the road at 80mph and the stinger didnt bend! lol (its copper too)

noizybuilt.com

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by noisemaker View Post
    thanx man! The owner will be posting his results soon. So far, he called me and he had it mounted on his truck going down the road at 80mph and the stinger didnt bend! lol (its copper too)
    It has had a little bit of testing.... and so far has been great. Sorry haven't been in due to work... Busy as hell... but what ya going to do???? Tuned out great.... Ears and TX have been awesome.....

Maybe I can get back around radio a little bit being I have a couple days off from work..... But then again my main hobby has a little more precedence. The YL's challenger is being SC..... Hennessy.... Can't wait.... they saying they should be done a day or 2 after Christmas..... So maybe 27th.... 28th unless they decide to stay closed until new years.........

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    like the copper looks cool better then therest get r done unit 3

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rod of god

Name:  A.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  57.5 KB

First time revealed in all its glory. Here is my handmade Dave Made Rod of God 1/2 moble antenna. Cost in 1999 $500. This is the antenna that keydown functions straight out banned. Imagine this. You go to a big keydown with a 16 pill running your rod of god antenna with a reflector. Your competitor has a five antenna setup on his surburban running a 3cx3000. You get to the line and clean his [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]clock[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Thats part of the reason why this antenna got banned.

Antenna gurus, here is your chance to disect and talk about this legend. Estimates put this antenna production at less than 50 worldwide.

What makes this antenna work?
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Name:  B.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  46.7 KB

whoever owns that, be very careful with those glass capacitors. they are fragile and are no longer made.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Visitors found this page by searching for

homemade .64 wave wire antenna

skullcracka schematiclmr 600 swr on cblmr 600 coax on predator 10k mobilelmr 600 running 32 pill cb radiofatboy rod of god antennaLmr 600 coax ran an 8 pill ampns2.nubbyswasteland.com 546-The-Rod-of-WHOmr coily dominatorbounce back reflector isolatedlmr 600 lenght on predator cb antenna