preps

Thread: Maverick 250 mod

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maverick 250 mod

Does anyone have the tube conversion wiring diagram to convert the tube from 6lq6 to 31lq6. I am not a tech but can use a soldering iron and know to use a chicken stick to discharge the amp. Any help will be appreciated. If you have the info send me a pm and I will provide a email address. thanks phantom

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello did you ever get the answer on how to convert to 31LQ6

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

maverick 250 conversion

Quote Originally Posted by SuNDowNeR View Post
    Hello did you ever get the answer on how to convert to 31LQ6
    Hello,
    I have not gotten any info on it yet. I believe that the 2 power transformers can be combined to deliver 24 volts since each seems to be at 12 volt potential for series parallel wiring to filaments in the original design.
    I have all new tubes 24lq6 and 22kv6 4 each. you MENTIONED THE 31lq6 version,
    31 volts x 4 tube filaments would be 124 v supply in series to tubes which would get you close to operating voltage for filaments. You would have to rewire the tube sockets though since the original design has them going to ground on pin 4 or 5 depending on the order of layout. I am not a fan of introducing AC voltage onto filaments at that voltage since you could be allowing for AC HUM TO GET INTO SIGNAL.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,
    I have not gotten any info on it yet. I believe that the 2 power transformers can be combined to deliver 24 volts since each seems to be at 12 volt potential for series parallel wiring to filaments in the original design.
    I have all new tubes 24lq6 and 22kv6 4 each. you MENTIONED THE 31lq6 version,
    31 volts x 4 tube filaments would be 124 v supply in series to tubes which would get you close to operating voltage for filaments. You would have to rewire the tube sockets though since the original design has them going to ground on pin 4 or 5 depending on the order of layout. I am not a fan of introducing AC voltage onto filaments at that voltage since you could be allowing for AC HUM TO GET INTO SIGNAL.

Visitors found this page by searching for

maco 200 amplifier

maverick 250 amp

Maverick 250

power tubes for maverick 250

d&a maverick 250 mods

d&a maverick 250 mods

maverick 250 tube mods

reado maverick 250 amplifier

maverick 250 schematic

maverick 250 amplifier wiring diagram

maco 200 base cb amp for sale