preps

Thread: Palomar 450AB1 question.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Palomar 450AB1 question.

Greetings folks. I just picked up a palomar 450 yada yada.. I do not think its a 450 as upon inspection I found 4 SD1446 pills.. Making this a 250:? anyway My question is this. I found a purple diode rattling around in there stripes are brown black brown gold. I know where it came from as there is a burn mark on the board. ( i can take photos if need be) Up further on the board there is another burn mark by the smaller round " ferrite" <-- spelling? just after the main power cable in. You guys think this is repairable? or.. gut it for parts and start over? And If the latter be the case where can i get my grubby lil hands on some specs for a rebuild using the same parts. Would be nice to have an amp I could give to my brother fro christmas that only cost me $10 ...so far. Thanks...3's and 8's

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could try putting it back in place and seeing what happens. Is it working right now? My Pride 400 4 454 pill amp recently lost the low power setting but still had medium and high. After opening it up, a resister was lieing below my power level switch, but as I had had it open once before, I knew where it had come from so I just soldered it back in place on the back of the power level switch and restored my low power setting.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    it is not a diode it is a 1/4 watt 100ohm resistor gold band is for 5% tolerance swap in a new one they are a few cents at radioshack may not be purple but just pick up any 100ohm resistor wattage etc doesnt matter

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds like the power was hooked up backwards if its burtny around the ferrite of the power lead... i would replace the resistor that is loose and see if it works... if not... might be parts... BUT PICS ALWAYS HELP

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
    Greetings folks. I just picked up a palomar 450 yada yada.. I do not think its a 450 as upon inspection I found 4 SD1446 pills.. Making this a 250:? anyway My question is this. I found a purple diode rattling around in there stripes are brown black brown gold. I know where it came from as there is a burn mark on the board. ( i can take photos if need be) Up further on the board there is another burn mark by the smaller round " ferrite" <-- spelling? just after the main power cable in. You guys think this is repairable? or.. gut it for parts and start over? And If the latter be the case where can i get my grubby lil hands on some specs for a rebuild using the same parts. Would be nice to have an amp I could give to my brother fro christmas that only cost me $10 ...so far. Thanks...3's and 8's
    Pictures would help but I imagine it's the 100 ohm combiner resistor that has come unattached as it mirrors the imbalances at the combiner which can get hot enough to melt solder if the imbalance is too great and possibly shorted out as it became detached, pictures may confirm my diagnosis.

Visitors found this page by searching for

palomar 450ab1

polamar 450 4 pill pic

palomar 250 sd1446

palomar dx 200b high swr on medium settingpalomar dx 400palomar with 4 sd1446 pillspalomar 4 pillsd1446 fat boypalomar sd 1446palomar 450 reviewspalomar 450fatboy 4 sd1446 reviewpalimar dxpalomar 450 four sd1446palomar 450 sd1446