preps
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: home-brew sigma 4/vector 4000

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by booty monster View Post
    lol !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for making a claim and then not backing it up ....................
    i did back it up . Your just in a class all by yourself and your a very ignorant person. Your a legend in your own mine. Anybody just getting into cb radio can understand what i wrote , but you , lol lol lol pack ya bags mudduck . You cant take it when someone is right and has more knowledge and brains that you. Now thank high voltage mobile nj for that maul i just gave you .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to High Voltage Mobile NJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HV just remember if booty didnt read it, it cant be true. if booty didnt read it, he wont know anything else.
    WHY you ask, because he doesnt do any testing nd field trial and error for himself. He cant, to fat and they dont make a step ladder that can hold him, concrete blocks can only be stacked so hi without being unstable

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CBRN38 For This Useful Post:

High Voltage Mobile NJ (03-31-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hahahahahahaha

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by High Voltage Mobile NJ View Post
    i did back it up . Your just in a class all by yourself and your a very ignorant person. Your a legend in your own mine. Anybody just getting into cb radio can understand what i wrote , but you , lol lol lol pack ya bags mudduck . You cant take it when someone is right and has more knowledge and brains that you. Now thank high voltage mobile nj for that maul i just gave you .
    no need to flame just because you're put on the spot by not having any evidence to back up a bull chit claim .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRN38 View Post
    HV just remember if booty didnt read it, it cant be true. if booty didnt read it, he wont know anything else.
    WHY you ask, because he doesnt do any testing nd field trial and error for himself. He cant, to fat and they dont make a step ladder that can hold him, concrete blocks can only be stacked so hi without being unstable
    if it were possible to stack concrete block as high as the piles of crap you spew .... i could touch the moon .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by booty monster View Post
    no need to flame just because you're put on the spot by not having any evidence to back up a bull chit claim .
    learn how to read booty> its life.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    New here and just wanting to shed a little light to the whole "balun" thing for others who might not quite understand why a balun is used...I am no expert nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night but I have been studying matching networks for a good bit now and would like to help anyone following what happens when using a balanced antenna and feeding it with an unbalanced transmission line...Hence BAL/UN...I'll try to keep this simple and short...haha...
    The transmission line choke balun is not any sort of transformer. A transformer transforms, which is where energy is lost as converted heat. The common mode air choke works fine as a balun but isn't a transformer, so no loss due to converted heat. Now how the coax works...The inner conductor of the coax only has a magnetic effect on the inner surface of the shield and vice versa. The current on the inner conductor MUST be exactly equal and opposite the current on the inner surface of the shield. Any differences in current from the inner conductor to the braid MUST manifest itself in currents on the outer surface of the braid (Common Mode Currents). By winding the coax into a coil these differeneces are eliminated (or at least greatly reduced) by a choking action thus balancing the signal on one end of the device regardless of what is happening on the other. Only the outer surface of the braid has any effect, which is where the common mode currents ride on back to the shack. The inner surface of the braid and the inner conductor simply behave as a longer piece of coax, nothing more, only effect would be line loss in dB due to the type and length of the coax at that specific frequency. They have absolutely no magnetic effect on the outside world and only the same effect on each other as they normally would in a straight piece of coax. The effect is to choke currents on the outer surface and to match any mismatch in impedance between the antenna and the radio...This is why you'll see people put these coils at the feed points of their antennas...But this method has really only been commonly used since the early 80's so why didn't radio enthusiasts need these coils before? Cause radio shacks back then weren't littered with electronics and hifi equipment susceptible to EMI...See not too long...Thanks for the topic...
    Last edited by Moonchild 747; 05-08-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    de 747 and I'm clear...

"He who controls the electromagnetic spectrum controls the world..."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonchild 747 For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild 747 View Post
    New here and just wanting to shed a little light to the whole "balun" thing for others who might not quite understand why a balun is used...I am no expert nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night but I have been studying matching networks for a good bit now and would like to help anyone following what happens when using a balanced antenna and feeding it with an unbalanced transmission line...Hence BAL/UN...I'll try to keep this simple and short...haha...
    The transmission line choke balun is not any sort of transformer. A transformer transforms, which is where energy is lost as converted heat. The common mode air choke works fine as a balun but isn't a transformer, so no loss due to converted heat. Now how the coax works...The inner conductor of the coax only has a magnetic effect on the inner surface of the shield and vice versa. The current on the inner conductor MUST be exactly equal and opposite the current on the inner surface of the shield. Any differences in current from the inner conductor to the braid MUST manifest itself in currents on the outer surface of the braid (Common Mode Currents). By winding the coax into a coil these differeneces are eliminated (or at least greatly reduced) by a choking action thus balancing the signal on one end of the device regardless of what is happening on the other. Only the outer surface of the braid has any effect, which is where the common mode currents ride on back to the shack. The inner surface of the braid and the inner conductor simply behave as a longer piece of coax, nothing more, only effect would be line loss in dB due to the type and length of the coax at that specific frequency. They have absolutely no magnetic effect on the outside world and only the same effect on each other as they normally would in a straight piece of coax. The effect is to choke currents on the outer surface and to match any mismatch in impedance between the antenna and the radio...This is why you'll see people put these coils at the feed points of their antennas...But this method has really only been commonly used since the early 80's so why didn't radio enthusiasts need these coils before? Cause radio shacks back then weren't littered with electronics and hifi equipment susceptible to EMI...See not too long...Thanks for the topic...
    your forgetting about eddy currents and if you run to much power in time the coax will fail being wrapped like that . your totally missing what I said and that is a fact .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    moonchild , thanks for providing further evidence that "you can't fix stupid"

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOTY MONSTER View Post
    moonchild , thanks for providing further evidence that "you can't fix stupid"
    pack ya bags mudduck . until you no how to get your name called repeatly and have confidence of ya station and have absortion to your brain when real technical people are trying to teach you a lesson . shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pack ya bags .

Visitors found this page by searching for

sigma 4 antenna

vector 4000

antena vector 4000

sigma vector 4000

sigma 4 antenna for saleNEW VECTOR 4000 OWNERS MANUALsigma 4000vector 4000 antennaantena sigmavector 4000 antennevector 4000 cb antennaimagenes de antena cb vector 4000homebrew sigma 5 antennasigma 4 antenna manualantena sigma 4 homemadevector 4000 manualantenas sigmaantena sigma vector 4000fotos de la vector 4000sigma iv antenna for salehomebrew vector 4000 antennaantena sigma fourantena sigma IVdominator antenna buildhow to setup sigma IV antenna