preps
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: home-brew sigma 4/vector 4000

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by High Voltage Mobile NJ View Post
    pack ya bags mudduck . until you no how to get your name called repeatly and have confidence of ya station and have absortion to your brain when real technical people are trying to teach you a lesson . shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pack ya bags .
    once again .... nothing but flames to back up bullshit .
    but you're just a cbrn wannabee nuthugger ....... so your babble is expected .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    your forgetting about eddy currents and if you run to much power in time the coax will fail being wrapped like that . your totally missing what I said and that is a fact .
    Actually I got your point and I wasn't meaning to prove anyone wrong with my post, I was just adding information concerning baluns to those reading and possibly trying to show a little about why people wrap coils of coax under their antennas...I obviously left out a lot more information but stated earlier I wouldn't go into great detail on the subject...Not everyone uses a balun or air choke and yes if you coil your coax in such a fasion that the beginning and ending leads of the coil are close you will end up frying some coax using moderate to high power, but if you evenly space your turns out so that the beginning and ending coax leads don't get put together like they would if you was rolling up an extension cord then you should be fine up to several hundred watts...So I didn't mean to ignite a feud between you and Mr Monster...I don't know either one of you so I'll keep my opinions to myself until the time come for me to let them out...Thank you
    Last edited by Moonchild 747; 05-09-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    de 747 and I'm clear...

"He who controls the electromagnetic spectrum controls the world..."

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild 747 View Post
    Actually I got your point and I wasn't meaning to prove anyone wrong with my post, I was just adding information concerning baluns to those reading and possibly trying to show a little about why people wrap coils of coax under their antennas...I obviously left out a lot more information but stated earlier I wouldn't go into great detail on the subject...Not everyone uses a balun or air choke and yes if you coil your coax in such a fasion that the beginning and ending leads of the coil are close you will end up frying some coax using moderate to high power, but if you evenly space your turns out so that the beginning and ending coax leads don't get put together like they would if you was rolling up an extension cord then you should be fine up to several hundred watts...So I didn't mean to ignite a feud between you and Mr Monster...I don't know either one of you so I'll keep my opinions to myself until the time come for me to let them out...Thank you
    naghhhhh naghhhhhh naghhhhhhh your fine. but I like to explain in direct detail right away in about one to 2 sentences . I don't need a paragraph to get my point across. lol lol lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    naghhhhh naghhhhhh naghhhhhhh your fine. but I like to explain in direct detail right away in about one to 2 sentences . I don't need a paragraph to get my point across. lol lol lol
    Gotcha...see your point...
    de 747 and I'm clear...

"He who controls the electromagnetic spectrum controls the world..."

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BUMP BUMP.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BUMP BUMP.
    Yeah, a little old but still an interesting thread, just thought I'd add that you are ALL fairly correct.

I prefer not to call a 'Common-Mode-Current Choke' (cmcc) a "balun", but balun DOES mean "balanced to unbalanced", usually attributed to a coax fed dipole, where both sides of the wire or tubing making a dipole are of equal length - therefore 'Balanced'.

When you go from coax (unbalanced) into the match of an antenna, a cmcc is also a good idea, as long as it's at or very near a current node.

The reason a cmcc tends to heat up is because there's a mismatch at the antenna, often at the 2nd or 3rd harmonic which poorly aligned radios, (increasing of course when amplified, especially those with spread harmonic filter coils!) tend to create at much higher levels than they should,
    - plus the coax often happens to be cut to a resonant length for one or more harmonics so it ends up being a 'friendly load' for the harmonics on the coax casing, and all that 2nd or 3rd harmonic wattage is being only partially stopped by the correctly wrapped for the fundamental freq choke, then heading up to an antenna, usually with a DC ground shunt tuned for only the fundamental frequency which acts like a DC short to harmonics, causing heating & molten DEATH to feedline.

Keep the radio clean & aligned and your amplifier won't be bogged down trying to also amplify 54MHz, 81MHz, 108MHz etc., causing high SWR and heat.

At least that's what some CBr told me
    Last edited by JAFO; 08-17-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

sigma 4 antenna

vector 4000

antena vector 4000

sigma vector 4000

sigma 4 antenna for saleNEW VECTOR 4000 OWNERS MANUALsigma 4000vector 4000 antennaantena sigmavector 4000 antennevector 4000 cb antennaimagenes de antena cb vector 4000homebrew sigma 5 antennasigma 4 antenna manualantena sigma 4 homemadevector 4000 manualantenas sigmaantena sigma vector 4000fotos de la vector 4000sigma iv antenna for salehomebrew vector 4000 antennaantena sigma fourantena sigma IVdominator antenna buildhow to setup sigma IV antenna