Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual Hots re- lived

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dual Hots re- lived

Well i always have ideas and like to experiment... Dual hots on the surburban didnt pass the long term test.
    Although they tuned.. talked dx and i was happy with them..i started to notice some strange things. So yesterday i figured i would setup a bounceback. I had hardline and connector and some terry 55's r4's and spare stingers.
    Took a few hrs to run all the coaxran, get the hardline connector on, tune.. Tuning was a breeze.. by mfj was 1.1 r-49- x=3 .. "i'll key that"!
    Hit 28 for a few tests and hands down when pointed in the direction bounceback kicks ass. Now i only have 2-3 hrs on this ..so i have more work to do..field strenth ect. Also not sure yet if i can talk off the back of the burban and how tight i am on rx off the back. Saturday im going to work on that.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    I can trip redlights just by pointing at them lol i love the bounceback but local talk is a little rough sometimes cause of the tight backdoor

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doughboy... im not doing alot of local talk anyway. Still need to play with it and see how tight the back is..Saturday i will mess with it more.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    aaahhheemmmmm... Do I feel the greatest comment in the world? I told you so?

D max, when you have your hot antenna tuned for lowest reflect on what ever channel you want. set the back door 3 in taller then the hot.. Just try it and report back..

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhhh shuddd uppp!!..ya lugnut... actually thats where i have it from last week. I messed with it.. i only have FS meter and a bulb.. tweaked for highest fs about 20ft off the front.. turned out it was 1.1-1.2 r-48 x of 5 The back door is @ 3-4in above the front. Took about 20 min to tune. Hr to run the new hardline. I hear well off the back but transmit is tight.. hence bouncback.

Hey the dual hots worked.. but some weird things were happening.. the 1.2 heliax is still up in the headliner i might try it again sometime.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    question i,m running that setup does the spacing need to be ezact 6 feet on the refl just like the other two.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have my Suburban wired for either 2-Hot, Bounce Back, or just single...What I found is unless your doing allot of shoot-out's, just running one in DX is your best friend...specially if your driving around....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

Beercanman (11-25-2012), Mr. Fixet (05-11-2023)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found the same results to be true.

Sent from my Dave Made mobile phone.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    when tuning 2 hots for someone this weekend. I found that lowest reflect is much lower gain then a bounceback. even when I raised the one antenna to get gain with alittle reflect, when testing at 16,000 watts the bounceback punished his dash mounted fs meter where the 2 hots didnt. air testing to follow.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well when i tried to tune for lower reflect on the duals...obviously i lost alot of gain..when i tuned for higher fs reading.. i noticed the amp ran hotter.. the reflect was higher..but exceptable.. IMO it lost Efficiency.. amp seemed to work hard..was hitting my alternators harder with less wattage output. I had one amp take out a driver transisitor..was it the reflect?..not sure friend of mine touched the amp and got.."stung" just after that my output dropped off and.. i had an issue with the radio used... the failed parts in the radio suggested possible reflect issue.. although my reflect on the bird was not too bad.. with a 25w slug.. kind of strange.

Visitors found this page by searching for