preps

Thread: short tilting mast

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

short tilting mast

it's a 12 ft pressure treated 4x6 a little over 2 ft in the ground with 80 lbs of concrete . it's attached to a PS 2x4 to hold it out from the gutter/house and that 2x4 is attached to a PS 2x6 under the soffitt and lag bolted to the rafter tails .

here's the bottom with the 1/2 inch bolt going through the 2 inch pipe and the 3 1/2 inch side of the treated 4x6 .

here's the bracket that holds it , its 2 of the 2 inch conduit brackets doubled up . i also added a bent rod to hold it in place while im taking the bracket on and off .

here's a pic of the other side i did 2 holes for the rod for either side

and here's a view of it from the deck . i angled the hole for the rod/pin down so wouldn't vibrate out

its seems plenty sturdy for a omni ...... i wouldn't put beams and a rotor with additional mast between them though . i think this would work pretty well with a freestanding 6x6 away from a house also . given the ammount of trees around the house , the deck and power lines on the 100 ft + towers back behind the house i didn't feel that wasn't a option for me ...... i didnt want the tip of the antenna directly under those lines . i did a video of it tilting over , but it came out really dark . probably cause it was overcast and on a old digital camera , been raining steady about 45 mins now . yep homer , ill definitely do a far away pic to show the whole setup when its done . the feed-point is gonna be about 19 ft 6 inches , so with 31 1/2 ft of vertical the tip will at 51 ft .

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

redwagon (03-25-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    Dont those power lines that close to you make a lot of noise when they act up near my house i cant hear shit

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doughboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i really havn't had any real issues that i could blame on them . maybe i'm just lucky

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BOOTY MONSTER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    when it comes to line noise from power lines here is a tip. Using your mobile drive slowly by the pole to pole lines to find the source or insulator. If no fine associate the time of day and make notes. How many houses served from the transformer. With this knowledge call the power company and say there is line noise near my location can you come and "doable test" the lines to isolate the insulator's giving the noise. If the line from pole to house is the problem the leaking insulator could be the ones on your house also. Or ask the power company using the term "interference voltage problems. Usually the power company has a voltage complaint department or try for the engineering people. You might share your radio hobby and the interference is a problem for your radio. Sick that chicken on them or use a hockey stick on em. "there is always a higher up the pole supervisor"
    There are two kinds of ships at sea Submarines and targets

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redwagon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I called in to my Power company and told them that it was interfering with my two way radio communications and gave them my FCC call sign they sent out two technicians with hand held parabolic dishes and they replaced three transformers and eight insulators. All of that happened inside of a week. It is much quieter now. It seems the FCC will give them a lot of grief for excessive RF noise.
    All answers are opinions and may, or may not be technically correct.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tallman For This Useful Post:

stang (04-22-2014)

Visitors found this page by searching for

tilt over antenna mast

tilt over mast

homemade tilt over towers

homemade antenna mast

homemade tilt over mast

homemade cb tower

tilting antenna mast

homemade tilt over base

how to build a cb mast

how to build a tilt over antenna mast

tilt over antenna pole

homemade vertical tilt over base

tilt mast

tilt antenna mast

tilt over tower

homemade cb antenna mast

homemade tilt down tower

how to make a tilt base for a vertical antenna

diy tilt over tower

mast tilt base

homemade tilting antenna masts

2x4 antenna masttilt over homemade tower & mastcb mast2 inch condiut for antenna tower mast