preps

Thread: RCI 2990 Help

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

RCI 2990 Help

Hello everyone.
    I did a favor for my neighbor and he in turn gave me this RCI 2990 witch I thought was 2990dx that use to belong to a friend of his. Anyway the radio only does about 40 watts on AM and 100w on SSB. The faceplate had the entire writing wash out. like somebody clean it with some solution that erased all the lettering. So thinking that it was a dx I bought the sticker face plate for it this is when I found out that is not a dx. Also somebody install a heavy duty power supply. Do anybody knows of a good technician near new York city that could retune this radio recalibrate the meter etc. and get it back to factory specs? Also some tech made a nasty looking hole on top of the cabinet to install another heat sink that attaches to a rectifier that goes to the power supply. What’s up with this mod?
    I was talking to a guy a few weeks ago that he was using a similar radio and he claimed he was pushing 400 watts “barefoot” He said somebody work on his radio and change the finals, was this guy pulling my chain?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    T and D communications in Stockholm, NJ. Talk to Fred. It's about 50 mins from NYC and the best help you can get.
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks, ill look them up and give them a call.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's repairing should be expensive according to my knowledge so that in my opinion i suggest you to purchase other rather than repairing although everyone have their own opinion.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by peterwo2e View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I did a favor for my neighbor and he in turn gave me this RCI 2990 witch I thought was 2990dx that use to belong to a friend of his. Anyway the radio only does about 40 watts on AM and 100w on SSB. The faceplate had the entire writing wash out. like somebody clean it with some solution that erased all the lettering. So thinking that it was a dx I bought the sticker face plate for it this is when I found out that is not a dx. Also somebody install a heavy duty power supply. Do anybody knows of a good technician near new York city that could retune this radio recalibrate the meter etc. and get it back to factory specs? Also some tech made a nasty looking hole on top of the cabinet to install another heat sink that attaches to a rectifier that goes to the power supply. What’s up with this mod?
    I was talking to a guy a few weeks ago that he was using a similar radio and he claimed he was pushing 400 watts “barefoot” He said somebody work on his radio and change the finals, was this guy pulling my chain?
    He probably wasn't pulling your change but the cost of that mod must of been like $300, unless he did himself. You can upgrade the power supply and upgrade the finals, pills, and meters. But if doing already 175 on SSB, almost any good tech should be able to get 150 on AM. But if this the low power version which is usually about 50 watts AM and SSB, you have to put a box behind this radio and will sound awesome.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Visitors found this page by searching for

uniden madison for sale

cobra 2000 gtl antenna

uniden president madison

uniden madison cb

cb cobra 2000

witch is the better cb cobra 2000 gtl or the uniden washington

uniden madison cb ebay

UNIDEN madison cb radio manual

uniden madison vs cobra 2000gtl

uniden madison same as

uniden cobra 2000gtl