Hi. I just returned to radio land after a long absence. Sold my last radio 2 or 3 years ago but really hadn't been on the air for a long time before that. Picked up my first CB around 1975 and for about 10 years had multiple mobile and base units. As skip became more and more prevalent, and my patience became thinner, I kinda drifted away.

Started talking to a buddy a couple of weeks ago and we realized that if cell phones were all disabled and the electrical grids all went down there would be no way to communicate with each other. Since, as we look at the condition that our country is in today, we believe that the above scenario is highly possible, I decided to get back into two-way radios. I've picked up 2 mobiles this week (a new model Cobra 148GTL & Cobra 19DX IV) matched to a K30 mobile antenna. I fully intend to pursue an amateur radio operator's ticket next year. I must admit that my first few days on the air has been pretty frustrating as skip has been rolling so prolifically that I haven't even been able to get a local radio check.

I'm a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and pastor 2 churches up in the tip of the mitten in the northeast corner of the lower peninsula of Michigan.

73's

CircuitRider