preps

Thread: K30 Magnetic

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

K30 Magnetic

Using a K30 magnetic on a 4-door automobile. Any opinions? I'm not quite ready to drill anywhere.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't drill if you don't have to . You will just bring in more noise . I use to use 102 " whips in the seventies ; but started to like the magnetic mounts . I have a Wilson little will when I need it for long trips . If you want more of an antenna go for the Wilson 1000 or 5000 . Once you start drilling , thats done and you can't change it . The Wilson will take any amount of watts you would ever dream of . You are going to an area where they are looking to steal things , take the mag mount of . Think about it.
    Eddie aka Ducksoupe

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinkin', Eddie. I'm thinkin'! I agree with you 100%. I may eventually go with a K40 trunk lid mount which is, of course, removable and get one of their little caps for the base when the antenna is removed.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a magnetic mount and when placed about 3 " frpm the back of the trunk. then after mounts magnet catches on the trunk you open trunk and lead coax into auto .Closing the trunk should not bother the coax . then run the coax the way you want . If you go to parking lot you can take top of the antenna into the trunk and put the cap on the mag mount . I was always happy wth it that way . I have a few radio's and I chose my Uniden pc 122xl as it is very small and has a remarkable sideband that is rock solid . Good luck and if you have any prolems just ask..
    Eddie aka Ducksoupe

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeppers! Not much has changed in the nearly 40 years since I got my first radio. The K30 is relatively new but the concept certainly isn't.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just picked one up to use on my wife's car (only when I drive it; she doesn't want a radio permanantly mounted in her ride.......). Have no complaints about it. No regrets.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    back in high school in the beginning of the 90's(end of the 80's)i used to run a K40 mag-mount to a Cobra 29LTD and a small 250watt no-name heater and I loved my K40mag and wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world back then.

i got out of CB in about 1993 and just back in at the end of 2010 and I now run a Wilson 5000(started with,and still have,a Wilson 1000)and a couple of 270&280watt heaters,a couple of Cobra 148GTL's(gotta have back up cause shit just breaks in my hands lmao)and I love the Wilson's but honestly am not sure i know the difference between my Wilson's and the K's. all really good commercial antennas but i'd like to try one of these Noizy or other smaller manufacturer's antennas just for the fun of it but i'd like to get some real power first(at least 500watts).

Visitors found this page by searching for

k30 high swr

can you change k30 whip

is k30 antenna good for dx