preps

Thread: New guy here , with a question or two.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

New guy here , with a question or two.

Well, I have always had a passion for cb's since a kid. My dad has been a truck driver since the late 70s. Just the other day i put a stock Cobra 25 ltd classic in my car with a "little Will" wilson antenna. I got to looking at peaked and tuned radios and become intersted. I run up on this today and decided to buy it
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobra-29-LTD...vip=true&rt=nc

I wanted a radio that had been peaked and tuned. The price was within my spending budget so i bought it. I can not wait to get it. I know how to use a SWR meter to tune antenna thought I would mention that. Also a question is would a cobra CA-75 noise cancelling mic be better on the radio or the roadking that will come with it? Also how many miles could talk? Or ball park number? I know I am only using a entry level Wilson antenna, but plan to buy a Wilson 5000 when funds let me. Just curious. I have a collection of 12 or so radios. Mainly older cobras my dad has had over the years etc.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Follow doughboy On Twitter Add doughboy on Facebook
    Visit doughboy's Youtube Channel
    i would stick with the roadking mic on that

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Kinda depends on the lay of the land , if it's flat you might 5or 10 miles with that Lil Wilson , just a guess of course ..Depends where it 's at on the rig ,and what standing wave ..

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tend to lean toward power mic's instead of noise canceling mic's only cause I don't have a lot of road noise in my vehicle and I don't drive with the windows down (Love the fact that A/C was invented)...Good thing about a power mic is that you can control the modulation of your audio before your radio gets to process it...Some radios already have this option so if so then yes I would go for the noise canceling mic just to have the option one nice summer day when I decided to cut off the A/C and cruise with the windows down...haha...I agree with Boozer, nominal 5-10miles max depending on the terrain...I've had both the Lil Wil and the 5k...5k pushed consistently toward the 10mile mark where the Lil Wil kept me near the 5-7mile range...gave the Lil Wil to a friend and the 5k to my son...
    de 747 and I'm clear...

"He who controls the electromagnetic spectrum controls the world..."

Visitors found this page by searching for

None