preps

Thread: getting back into the game

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

getting back into the game

I've been away from the hobby a while and sold most of my stuff years ago when I deployed. Now I'm back home and getting back into the hobby I'm gonna attempt to build a few amps. It's been probably 10yrs or more since I had my hands in a box. So I'm gonna start out with a small 2pill driver, once the rest of my parts come in ill post some pics of my progress, as well as ask some questions along the way when I hit a mental road block.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 680maine For This Useful Post:

Super Slab (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to seeing.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NY714 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

My Social Networking

Add Dirty Diaper on Google+
    Visit Dirty Diaper's Youtube Channel
    Welcome, 3x7 said that.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dirty Diaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 680maine View Post
    I've been away from the hobby a while and sold most of my stuff years ago when I deployed. Now I'm back home and getting back into the hobby I'm gonna attempt to build a few amps. It's been probably 10yrs or more since I had my hands in a box. So I'm gonna start out with a small 2pill driver, once the rest of my parts come in ill post some pics of my progress, as well as ask some questions along the way when I hit a mental road block.
    Did you ever get started on your 2 pill?
    Silverado 996 back in the woods and I'm gone!
    * Cobra 29LXLE *
    * Ranger 2970N2 * 5' FireStik FS-5 *
    * Uniden BearCat 12 watt spearker *

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, it is the one most adaptable to change, that survives"

- Charles Darwin

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Silverado 996 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 680maine View Post

Me too after 4 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan im trying to get back too but when i left poeple use to help each other and its going to take me a while to be like i was before!!! Lol!!!! Everything is so expensive now good Lord!! Lol!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Florida sniper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got all the gear but no base to put up an antenna or a suitable mobile. After serving in the Navy in Hawaii and being part of the states civil defense communications system, have a good selection of gear and a bench full of test equipment. Most cars are all plastic and tough to find a solid mount for a whip or rigid mast. Will have to wait for the payout to get a motor coach.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm anxious to see your work!

Visitors found this page by searching for

None