preps

Thread: Got a new setup in my car!!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Got a new setup in my car!!

Well, here in the past month or so I got interested in the cb hobby. I started out with a cobra 25 ltd and cheap mag mount antenna. I then bought a cobra 29 ltd, with a Mosfet final peaked and tuned off ebay. Well I had a Wilson "little will" antenna. I decided to go ahead and buy a Wilson 5000 Mag mount. I must say wilson's are very nice. I did not have to tune/cut any off antenna, my swr was 1.1! Well I installed it Friday and got everything the way in want it. I got bored last night and went to the car and got on the air and said "Breaker 19 for a radio check". What really surprised me since I live 9 miles from the nearest town, someone said working driver. Come to find out he was 18 miles away right on the interstate talking on a base station. He said it sounded real good, and also the entire state of SC was covered in heavy rain so that really surprised me. I guess clouds affect signals strenth right?? I plan to learn how to repair CBs , as a new hobby. Someone just give me a cobra 25 that the Pos. and Neg. cables were hooked up backwards. Its got a blown diode, plan to fix.
    Last edited by ccrain; 02-23-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your setup is a good start... enjoy.. Nothing wrong with getting into a new hobby. There are many aspects of cb/radio you will find interesting. Ive been in and out of the hobby for along time.
    Not always will the weather effect negitively effect transmission signals. Actually in some cases it can improve signals.

Well Enjoy

Keith 2112-NJ

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definately a winning combination those two...I have loved Wilson antennas from the start and if I had to use a mag mount again it would be the 5k! Welcome to the hobby, its a very interesting one to say the least. Many unique characters out there all with their own little story to tell...I enjoy reaching out to them and listing to them tell it. Continue to learn more about this hobby and how your signal that carries your voice works. This will help in getting you own story out there to others and meet some very interesting people along the way...Good luck
    Last edited by Moonchild 747; 05-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Visitors found this page by searching for

None