preps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: antenna help

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question antenna help

Would I be able to use 1 or 2 4ft fiberglass antennas as base antennas?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not suggest using a 4 foot mobile antenna on the base. I have seen a lot of people try to use mobile antennas for the base but the performance is just not there. I would suggest you to get a antron 99 or a imax 2000 if you want an all directional antenna. Now don't get me wrong you can make a bracket to hold the mobile antenna so you can hook coax cable to it as well as proper ground and it will work but it just will not perform well. Also if I was going to use a mobile antenna I would use a 102 steel whip. or a coil type such as monkey made or fatboy.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright thank ya sir. Do you have any decent low price antennas to recommend?

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok well I would suggest a antron 99, and a Imax 2000 if you want a good all directional antenna that is not hard to tune and install. you can also check out a workman bandit 2 it is a cheap antenna. Humm oh ya if you would like a ground plane antenna check out a workman W58 that is a really good antenna basically it is a maco v58 clone. and it is less than $100 shipped and everything. they are also cheaper antennas out there that I didn't name but just remember you don't want the cheapest because they will be in the weather as well as wind. It also depends on the wattage yo are planning on running as well you need to look at that as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to scooter71nc For This Useful Post:

the caveman (03-22-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out the solarcon 99. Can be found as low as 50 bucks depending on where your looking. 18ft tall, easy to tune and a ground plane can be added to it. I believe handles 1k

Post Dispatched Via Rabbit Vibrator.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm liking that solar con. Defiantly things to look into when I've got the money.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep the solarcon 99 or the solarcon imax 2000 are both good antenna's. I have sold a bunch of both. I personally run a Imax2000 as one of my all directional antennas. the 99 is a 1/2 wave 18 feet tall and the will handle more than they are rated that is forsure. I have ran a pair of 3-500z's though one lol. As far as the imax 2000 goes it is a 5/8 wave 24 feet tall and rated a 5K. and it will handle it I have ran a 24 pill on one. but if you want a alum. antenna the workman W58 is a good antenna as well I also have one of them too. I have it hot feed so it will hold as much wattage as I can put into it and it is very easy to setup as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to scooter71nc For This Useful Post:

the caveman (03-23-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter71nc View Post
    Yep the solarcon 99 or the solarcon imax 2000 are both good antenna's. I have sold a bunch of both. I personally run a Imax2000 as one of my all directional antennas. the 99 is a 1/2 wave 18 feet tall and the will handle more than they are rated that is forsure. I have ran a pair of 3-500z's though one lol. As far as the imax 2000 goes it is a 5/8 wave 24 feet tall and rated a 5K. and it will handle it I have ran a 24 pill on one. but if you want a alum. antenna the workman W58 is a good antenna as well I also have one of them too. I have it hot feed so it will hold as much wattage as I can put into it and it is very easy to setup as well.
    I use the Imax 2000 also but recommend the Maco V5000 aluminum antenna if have or want to upgrade on vertical, personally don't like the craftsmanship on Workman items, just my opinion.
    RCI-2950DX, 1978 Cobra 148 GTL Taiwan, SHURE526T MIC, Tug-8 With Astatic 10 DA Head, Astatic 575M6, ASTRON 70/20 AMP POWER SUPPLIES, IMAX 2000 W GROUND PLANE KIT. TIMES MICROWAVE LMR-400 COAX, RF CHOKES. DIAMOND SWR/POWER INLINE METER. 250 of Sea Level Under Me. Recent World Radio Member.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I agree that most of the workman stuff is not good quality, but the workman W58 antenna is a good built antenna. It is made of the same quality as the Maco V58 and better. The Maco v58 has a small wire between the coax connector and the loop. the coax connector is bakelite. The maco v5000 is the same antenna as the v58 maco but it has a teflon coax connector and a larger wire to handle 5k. The workman W58 antenna has the teflon connector as well as the same size wire as the V5000 maco. The Workman is only $69.99 hummm not bad. Now I do have a workman W58 antenna, but I hot feed my antenna. I have also did alot of testing with it and I have ran a 3cx3000a7 threw it at 7200Kw RMS Bird. I would suggest this antenna for anyone it is a great antenna for the money

12. The Following User Says Thank You to scooter71nc For This Useful Post:

BOOTY MONSTER (03-28-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by the caveman View Post
    Would I be able to use 1 or 2 4ft fiberglass antennas as base antennas?
    you certainly can ...... and they will perform pretty crappy . i cant recall any negative comments about the workman 58 by folks that have use it . they have more parts to assemble than 2000's and 99's , but if someone can read a tape measure and follow instructions that probably hundreds of thousands of others had no problem with it's worth the extra effort ...... IMO .

http://cbradiomagazine.com/Antenna%2...%20Review.html

Visitors found this page by searching for

bandit or antron cb antenna

workman bandit 2 cb antenna

workman bandit II or antron 99

workman bandit 2

bandit 2 antenna review

Workman Bandit 2 Fiberglass Base Cb Antenna

are workman antennas good

bandit antenna review

11mjpole

bandit2 antenna review