preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alittle About My HiFi Setup

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alittle About My HiFi Setup

Hey Guys I figured after posting the mod for direct injecting the audio on a Cobra 158 and 2000 I would tell you alittle about what I am runnning.
    I am running an Cobra 2000gtl. I use a Shure SM58 Microphone well that is what I am using right now I have many. I have two setups as far as procossing. First one is an affordable setup for anyone off ebay. I consist of a Behringer 802 Mixer, Behringer PEQ2200, Behringer composer pro 2600, and a Digitech studio 100. I think I got all this for less than $250 on ebay.

Ok for my best setup. I use a desktop pc with winxp and 3.0ghz dual coare cpu. I have a digidesign mbox 2 mini and running protools 8 le. this is a better way to go but not as affordable. I will try to get some watter gates later of my stuff as well do some videos showing my setups.Now as far as my radio it has the mod I post on the site for direct injection as well as motor mouth maul's rx mods and I have replaced the factory 2000gtl speakers with 4 inch american bass car speakers. Sounds great. I am still learning everyday so I would love to hear what you guys have tried

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow that sounds so interesting i must read more about this of setup sure sounds interesting

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I must be behind on technology... You can use your PC with your cb radio equipment???
    Caveman 195 waving a hand in Southern Indiana

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the caveman For This Useful Post:

solarradio351 (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah man. It requires some modifications to the radio to do it the right way. There is an easier way to do it too. I used to run and AudioTech AT2020 into a galaxy 959. I used a behringer 1202 xyenx mixer, a 32 band eq and a compressor/expander. In order to get the audio in to the radio, I took an old mic and opened it up. I cut the red and black wires from the mic element and connected them to the audio output on the board. This allowed me to use the old mic as a keying circuit and a place to inject the audio. I'm not well versed enough to inject the audio directly in to the circuit in the radio so it wasn't as good as it could have been but it still worked pretty well.
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mic>
    Preamp>
    Gate>
    Light compression 2:1>
    Exciter>
    Eq>
    Light Compression 2:1optional>
    Exciter>
    Compression 4:1>
    effects>
    Mixer>
    Radio
    Thats how I run mine....
    Last edited by Dave457; 04-16-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey dave that is good that you posted the order you run the stuff in I fogot to say that. but I have tried it alot of ways I have tried the mic into the mixer than main output to my compressor, eq, and other gear than to radio it works ok but if I hook the mic into rack gear than into my mixer last than to my radio it seems to work better. but lol who really knows the correct way for acb. BBut when I run pc it don't matter my mic hooks to the mbox 2 mini and than to pc and than to radio. and I have all the rack gear ever needed at my finger tips.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont run any computer drivin software, its all hardware anolog gear, just my preferance

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey dave what all do you run what brand and models do you use in your rack setup

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mic> MXL V69, with upgraded tube
    Preamp> Electro Harminox 12AY7, with upgraded tubes
    Gate/Compressor> Dbx 166xs Ch.1
    Exciter>BBE 882i
    Eq> Speck Elec. ASC para 4 band
    Compression> Dbx ch.2
    Exciter> Aphex 204> Behringer ex 3200
    Final Compressor> ART Pro VLA 2 upgraded tubes
    Effects> Behringer 2024p side chained thru mixer
    Mixer> Behringer 882
    Radio> TS 440 fed audio thru the acc port in back
    Last edited by Dave457; 04-16-2013 at 08:32 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave457 For This Useful Post:

irish (05-22-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that is a cool setup dave I would love to hear you on it. I bet it sounds great. have you tried this setup on a direct injected cobra 148 or anything else besides the ham rig

Visitors found this page by searching for

motormouth maul mods

http:www.cbjunkies.comthreads854-Alittle-About-My-HiFi-Setup

why is 148 gtl cb radio for hi fi port injection mod

cobra 2000 gtl cb radio direct inject

audio rack ssb radio systems

hifi audio cobra 148 gtl schematic

set up voodoo audio rack hf radiohow to hifi cobra 29 modshi fi cb radio junkgoldfinger cobra 2000direct injecting cobra 148 and 2000cobra 2000 gtl audio problemssetting up direct inject cobra 2000 gtlhow to direct inject a cobra 2000 or cobra 148cb radio audio rackhifi cb modcobra 29 hifi modmotormouth maul technologiesdirect inject 148 gtldeep south radio hi fi mod galaxy 959art pro vla ii hi fi ssb audio rack hi fi ssb radiohow do you set up a ts 2000 radio with a behringer mixerdirect inject 148 cobra2:1 hifi set up