preps

Thread: Saying Hello

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Saying Hello

Hey guys.

Found your site online and thought I would check it out.
    I live at the Jersey shore and started playing with CBs as a kid in the 70s and on and off over the years. Have got quite a few over the years I picked up at garage sales or from friends. I only know the basic stuff and would like to learn more. Including how to set them up correctly and even repair and tune them. Especially now that I have my 12 year old son to teach and share the hobby with. I also want to learn ham radios as well.
    Unfortunately around here VERY few people know much about CBs or is there a place to get them repaired or serviced.
    Not to mention they are not used much besides with truckers on the interstates.
    So there are not many places or people to turn to for help or info.

Some of my CB equip:
    Cobra 142 gtl base with frequ counter and echo. Another that is stock but stopped working. 2 Cobra 29LTDs with echos and two beep set ups and upper and lowers added.
    Midland 976 Base with extra channels added, 250 watt amp, 100 watt texas star amp. Cobra 25, Navajo, Archer crossbow antenna,
    And nice Cobra 29GTL stock. Plus many others....

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are on the Jersey Shore you must contact Q-Ball. He is the God among men regarding CB

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok. Good, thanks. I will try and find him on the air once my base ant is set up better.
    Just picked up a Lil Wilson mag mt for my Tacoma and made a little portable shelf to transport and use my CBs since theres no room to mount them anywhere.
    I have an old Archer crossbow I may hookup since it dont look to bad outside in our neighborhood.
    Right now Im using a mag mount in the attic on a piece of tin.....

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome to the board 142 hope you enjoy it here! i have a few suggestions that might help now or in the future... for mounting your radio try building one. i have a picture uploaded to a thread for pictures of setups of my home made console my thread is called "my simple setup". next your lil wil antenna should do very good. wilson is a fantastic company. try grounding your radio if you are keeping it in your truck and not switching it out. i grounded mine and it cut out all the terrible engine noises. hope this helps!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
    If you are on the Jersey Shore you must contact Q-Ball. He is the God among men regarding CB
    imagine that . that didn't help him in the 8 pill class against me . then he wanted a grudge match and I still took him for the win . he's a very nice person tho .

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    welcome on in 142 . no bandcamping ok . lol

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just recently got a .64 Archer Crossbow. Is this the one you have? If so, would you happen to have a manual for it? Thanks!! mojo_63@windstream.net

Visitors found this page by searching for

None