preps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redman Remote Dual Microphone Box Info & HD Video!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Redman Remote Dual Microphone Box Info & HD Video!

Here is the Redman Remote Dual Microphone Box. On request I asked for this box to be built for my mobile station. Came out perfect and works great! With all of the testing of stock, noise cancelling and amplified microphones I have become to realize not one microphone can do it all. The benefits of this product is as follows when two microphones are hooked to your transceiver:

Bulldog's 10 Good Reasons!

1. Have the choice of two microphones like noise cancelling & amplified.
    2. Microphones for local & DX talking.
    3. One for AM and the other one great for SSB communications.
    4. Mobile handheld & base station microphone combo.
    5. Can be used in a mobile or base station.
    6. His and hers microphones to sound at your best.
    7. Remote location for ease & safe operations.
    8. Both jacks can be on or off. One jack can be on/off and same for the other.
    9. Team CBer's can now communicate with there favorite microphone which is matched to their voices.
    10. When the antenna is unhook for vehicle service, as a safety measure all jacks can be off.

Redman can make them anyway you want. Amount of microphone jacks, any length microphone cord, regular microphone plug, right angle microphone plug and choices of mounting hardware. Prices vary according to the build. This unit is 5" wide, 3.5" deep, 1.5" high. This particular model is not listed on the web. If interested e-mail him at: redman@redmancb.com

Pilot Automotive Bully Bench Seat Console CN101- http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...ntifier=114828

Last edited by Bulldog-Unit777; 05-06-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Kickin' it Old School in Central Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With all the testing of stock, noise cancelling and amplified microphones I have become to realize not one microphone can do it all
    Sure one can...It's called the RF Extreme 2018....Even gives you the option of echo if that's your thing...Lot less clutter than having two Mic's, not to mention "Cheaper" than buying two different Mic's plus a gizmo to plug two mic's into for one radio...

-just saying.........

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The RF Limited Xtreme 2018 is a fine microphone. If was the ideal microphone, the rest on the market would not sell, then disappear, lol!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog-Unit777 View Post
    The RF Limited Xtreme 2018 is a fine microphone. If was the ideal microphone, the rest on the market would not sell, then disappear, lol!
    Probably not disappear....Not as long as some people continue to buy two different Mic's because one is NC and the other a Power.

Sorry....couldn't pass that up.

That's kinda like saying "If the Predator 10K was the ideal antenna, then the rest would....well...you get the idea."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JesseJamesDallas For This Useful Post:

Bulldog-Unit777 (05-05-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know I am just an ODD MUD DUCK doing my thing up here in Maine!

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog-Unit777 View Post
    You know I am just an ODD MUD DUCK doing my thing up here in Maine!
    quack quack...

I do like the idea behind that box tho...Just not in a mobile. Once (or if I ever) get my Base hooked up, I wouldn't mind having one of those for it...I can see where it would come in handy with a Base set-up.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Got a few pictures to share...

his type of set up is ideal for me! First off, my Galaxy DX 959 have these nice black diamond plated covers and had the mic hanger mounted on the right. Now that has been removed and no mic hangs there. This exposes the real beauty of these covers. The truck is a 5 speed manual transmission. Before I managed holding the microphone and shift with the cord stretched across from the dash. Now the mic is actually closer, besides me, cord is in the ideal area, cord does not get stretched and becomes a safer operation. Has far as hanging the microphone up, no trying to hook it on the mic holder clip. Just place it in a cup holder. The cup holders have 3 triangle tabs and it conforms to the shape of each mic. Have room below for some change. With both microphone ON, I can grab either on without flipping any switches to use. Using the Ranger SRA-198 and Astatic 575-M6. The Astatic 575-M6 is adjusted for working DX. The Ranger SRA-198 for close mobile to mobile, local communications and SSB. When in a stationary position, low noise level I could use the Astatic 575-M6. I have more options now so sound at my best. The console has a padded arm rest and storage spot for misc. Thanks Tom for making this happen! I have a few pictures to share, Reno - Bulldog.

Slideshow - http://s196.photobucket.com/user/Ame...crophone%20Box

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb A couple of the installation photos...

Last edited by Bulldog-Unit777; 05-06-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad it works for ya, Bulldog. Like I said on Facebook, those Mauldroppers can be a little rough. Pay them no mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    619 the Chef, choppin' lips and deep-frying those ducks in the Yellin' Yukon and I'm gone...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 619 NJ For This Useful Post:

Bulldog-Unit777 (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They don't bother me at all. There is always a risk when posting there. My main concern was about several reviews I have done on Redman products. At the present time he just as what I have been looking for...plain & simple. Thanks for checking out the site...Bulldog

Visitors found this page by searching for

how to make a dual microphone box